About the right team member:
Are you a process-driven problem solver who loves checking items off your to-do list? Do you thrive on turning inefficiencies into seamless processes? Does making complex tasks efficient and intuitive energize you? Do you seek to help scale solutions that aim to delight and empower clients?
Betterment for Business, Betterment’s 401(k) product, is seeking an extremely detail-oriented operations Associate with a passion for organization. You grasp complex topics quickly and are adept at thinking on your feet to solve problems in a creative and holistic manner. You’re focused on actionability, always thinking “so what?” and “now what?” and enjoy the challenge of reimagining existing processes to make them better.
You’re a natural communicator who enjoys interacting with other people to address any issue that comes your way. You’re skilled at working cross-functionally with client-facing teams and motivating others to always keep the common goal in mind. For us, that goal is providing an exceptional experience to our 401(k) clients.
This role is part of the Operations team within Betterment for Business. We’re the go-to group for 401(k) operations and compliance. We excel at picking up difficult problems and delivering creative solutions. We move fast, and we’re keen on efficiency and iteration. We’re laser focused on striving for excellence. We empower each other to take ownership and lead the charge to create solutions that last. Come join us!
At Betterment you will get to:
- Play an integral role in shaping our client onboarding process for Betterment 401(k) plans
- Drive daily plan sponsor and participant-focused operations, including reviewing and processing key account transactions, assessing recordkeeping discrepancies and resolving plan sponsor or third-party administrator questions
- Play an active role in plan conversions and onboarding of Betterment 401(k) plans for employers
- Collaborate with the Relationship Management, Sales and Client Servicing teams to provide a unified and delightful client experience
- Review 401(k) plan documents and provide thoughtful design recommendations, and draft pre-approved plan documents
- Ensure adherence to current procedures and controls, and make recommendations to improve efficiency and scalability
- Use creative problem solving skills to tackle operational challenges, investigate why they happened, and collaborate with the engineering, product, and design teams to develop solutions
- Be an internal voice and champion for 401(k) processes to offer insights to Product, Design, and Engineering to help build a better product
You will be effective if you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- 2+ years of professional 401(k), financial services, or related fields
- A detail-oriented mindset and excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities at once
- The ability to learn quickly and problem solve on the fly with limited guidance
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong intuition and ability to assess unclear situations with limited information
- Superior judgment, professionalism, poise, and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated proficiency in both the Google Suite and Microsoft Office
Bonus points if you have:
- Proficiency in SQL
- Prior professional experience at a 401(k) plan recordkeeper or third-party administrator
- Industry credentials (e.g., QKA, QPA)
- Familiarity with and interest in personal finance & investing
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $15 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 400,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $9 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 250,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more
Be a Better Betterment Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Betterment when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Betterment? Visit Betterment's website.
Jobs You May Like
Programmatic Partnerships Intern
Taboola, New York, NY
Director of Solution Engineering & Implementation Services
Buyer Services Coordinator
Index Exchange, Düsseldorf
Technical Account Manager
The Trade Desk, Hong Kong
Account Executive - Autos
OfferUp, OfferUp HQ - Bellevue, WA
Associate Account Manager
Index Exchange, Düsseldorf