Betterment’s Analytics team operates with a 360 degree view of the company, partnering closely with teams such as Finance, Marketing, Product, and Operations, and always with our users in mind. Our projects range from creating beautiful dashboards to developing new user segments using unsupervised learning techniques, and our role in the organization in one of business partner and trusted advisor. We’re not just here to report on what worked, but to help identify the next big opportunity for our business and our customers. These projects add tremendous value to the business and we are looking for a thoughtful, driven, and curious leader to push the business even further.
About the right team member:
At Betterment, we constantly working to maximize every dollar our customer’s have entrusted to us. Data plays a central role in how we decide what to build, how we design the customer experience, how we monitor the performance and adoption of our products, and how we go about acquiring new customers. We are looking for an analytics leader to direct these efforts. This person will be responsible for setting the roadmap for the entire Analytics organization, which includes Product Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Acquisition Marketing Analytics. They will spend their days working with our executives to measure the success of their businesses and assist in directing resources toward future efforts on what to build and how to prioritize it. The Head of Analytics will also know how the sausage is made, mentoring analysts and analytics managers on best practices for producing accurate and repeatable analyses using SQL, R, and Python. And more, maybe most, importantly, mentoring the team on which questions are the most impactful to the organization. Finally, this person will have a passion for Betterment’s mission, and a willingness to be flexible in helping us accomplish it. You will have a seat at the table, frequently communicate with business and product leadership and translate high level conversations into action.
At Betterment you will get to:
- You will manage a team that weighs in on Product (e.g. increasing customer engagement with our features, launching new products) and Acquisition strategy (e.g. signup flow improvements, marketing campaigns)
- You will help size opportunities for what to build next and prioritize with the help of Analytics team leads.
- Work closely with Marketing leaders to assess our ability to measure our efforts and suggest new ways to ensure we are efficiently acquiring new customers.
- Work with cross functional teams to create and maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals for your team.
- Support ad hoc data and analysis requests as needed.
- Contribute to Betterment’s data driven culture, create and influence best practices.
- Be a member of the broader analytics community in NYC, staying abreast of new ideas and trends, and contributing thought leadership.
You will be effective if you have:
- 10+ years of experience working in analytics, preferably in close partnership with decision makers.
- Experience managing and mentoring analysts, as well as managers of analysts.
- Experience with AB testing, both in the context of building product and acquiring new customers efficiently.
- The technical prowess to opine on Analysts’ approaches in SQL, R, and Python.
- An eye for beautiful and effective data visualizations, and experience creating them programmatically.
- Experience working with third-party user data including DMPs.
- Experience using analytics reporting tools such as Tableau.
- A willingness to be flexible, prioritizing problems that are most pressing and using tools that are most appropriate.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with a focus on efficiency and clarity.
- Desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment.
Bonus points if you have:
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $16 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 400,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $9 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 250,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more
Be a Better Betterment Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Betterment when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Betterment? Visit Betterment's website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Systems Analyst - Workday Integrations
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer, Robotics - Localization and Mapping
Postmates, San Francisco
Senior Data Scientist
Kogentix, Schaumburg, IL
DICE, London, Greater London UK
Senior High Performance Software Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA, Toronto, ON, Tel Aviv, Israel, Culver City, CA, Plantation, FL (HQ), Zurich, Switzerland
Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
Ibotta, Denver, CO