About the right team member:
You’re a driven self-starter that is passionate about change. You always rise to a challenge and are creative in your problem solving, focused on finding the best solutions. You're excited to join a new and growing team with big goals to drive major change in the retirement plan market. This position will be based in NYC reporting to the Head of Sales and focused on generating new business through institutional-level sales to the C-Suite representing Betterment for Business 401k’s solutions.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Meet and exceed revenue goals by intelligently leading and managing the sales activities to targeted prospects within your territory
- Practice thoughtful discovery, understand prospects compelling events, critical success factors, buying and decision criteria
- Articulate the path to closure and key tactical steps for each account, from prospecting to closing to onboarding
- Work closely with relationship management partners to ensure smooth and successful client on-boarding
- Ensure effective and consistent use of Salesforce to accurately track selling and buying activities, pipeline velocity, client interaction and feedback and forecasting of results
- Possess an attitude of collaboration and relationship-building both within and outside of the company
- Provide the voice of the client and industry to marketing and product management to drive go-to-market activities and product development roadmap
- Be a recognized presence in industry associations, with a focus on continual learning of industry drivers and trends
You will be effective if you have:
- Eight to ten years of client-facing experience within the plan sponsor marketplace
- Prior experience selling 401k solutions is highly valued
- Stellar sales track record of exceeding revenue targets as well as a willingness to be hands-on and build long-term client relationships
- Strong initiative and flexibility, excellent long-range planning, effective organization and time-management skills are all essential for success in this role
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills are necessary, as is the ability to deliver professional and persuasive presentations
- Proficiency in Salesforce, GSuite, Microsoft Office
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $17 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 400,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $9 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 250,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more
Be a Better Betterment Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Betterment when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Betterment? Visit Betterment's website.
Jobs You May Like
Dealer Relations Account Specialist
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Discord, 444 De Haro St
Client Partnerships Manager
BounceX, New York
Application Support Specialist
Data Verification Intern
First Orion Corp., Little Rock, Arkansas
Enterprise Account Executive
Coursera, New York City