About the right team member:
Notice how there aren't many appealingly designed financial services brands out there? We did too and we are actively working on changing that. That's where you come in. You are an expert graphic designer who believes that consistency, attention to detail and moments of delight matter at every brand touch point. You will have a direct impact on growing and visually defining a brand that values the importance of excellent design. You thrive in an environment where you're pushed and have the opportunity to push others as well. (Metaphorically, of course.) At Betterment we hire designers with a deep foundation in communication design—folks who are talented and eager to both learn from their colleagues and help make them better. As a design team, we're focused and always strive for excellence. As a company, we're committed to being the only financial partner that you can be sure is continuously working to maximize your money.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Play a leadership role in marketing our Betterment for Business and Betterment for Advisor business lines.
- Collaborate with other designers, writers, marketing professionals, and others to guide our brand forward
- Design a range of communications including product branding, emails, and social content
- Execute against several work-streams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and deliver strategically sound, conceptually based projects
- Work among a talented team of designers, providing one another feedback and perspective, driving for a cohesive experience across all touch points
You will be effective if you have:
- A portfolio of exceptional brand and communication design work inclusive of identities, illustrations and visualizations for print, on-screen graphic design
- Understanding of and passion for visual storytelling, ability to tell complex stories with simplicity
- 3+ years experience in a marketing-specific, design-related field at a design agency or in-house team
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects; Cinema 4D a plus (not required)
- You're able to adapt to changes in direction and are able own a sizable part of a project without much oversight
- A collaborative working style—you'll work with others to empower and encourage the proper use of the brand, and you are receptive to feedback and direction
- Effective communication skills—you can clearly articulate your design decisions and you're comfortable presenting work to cross-functional teams and executives
Bonus points if you have:
- A real passion for communication and storytelling
- Read Robert Bringhurst’s The Elements of Typographic Style
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $17 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 400,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $9 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 250,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more
Be a Better Betterment Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Betterment when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Betterment? Visit Betterment's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Commercial Counsel
Penumbra, Alameda, CA
Software Engineer, Consul Frontend
HashiCorp, Remote US/UK/CANADA/NETHERLANDS/FRANCE/GERMANY
Food Procurement Director, Singapore
Engineering Manager, Back-end
Confluent, Palo Alto, California
Platform Security Engineer
Confluent, Palo Alto, California