About the right team member:
You are an ambitious and driven leader motivated by the opportunity to lead a customer-focused b2b business and driving revenue growth. You are entrepreneurial by nature, perhaps having started your own venture or having had ultimate responsibility for a successful business or business line previously. You are excited to inspire with your creative problem-solving and stellar ability to strategize, execute, and lead.
You have an uncanny ability to lead cross-functionally to build teams and support business goals. You are amazing at working with external stakeholders, keen on finding new partnerships for growth. Success is not just about hitting your goals today, but empowering an organization at scale and creating value and enduring quality for our customers for years to come. You have strong empathy for customers and want to evangelize Betterment for Business (B4B), because you believe it is the best 401(k) on the market, will help employers attract and retain the best teams, and will help employees enjoy better lives.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Be responsible for the success of a mission-driven b2b organization with sales excellence in its DNA, driving revenue attainment for a startup within a startup
- Set strategy for the business alongside our CEO
- Balance high performing team leadership and revenue attainment accountability,
- Run, manage and support the B2B sales and distribution teams as they scale
- Set a high standard for data integrity, sales reporting, and forecasting, operating within a data-driven environment
- Serve as the internal voice of our customers, offering insights into the market
- Lead conversations and be the ultimate decision maker on cross functional efforts between Product, Marketing, Engineering, Legal, Operations and Customer Support to grow the business
You will be effective if you have:
- A proven track record of leading multiple business functions and growing businesses with 10+ years of related experience in sales, operations, partnerships, and BD, particularly in B2B software (SaaS), HR benefits, or financial services
- Have had ultimate P&L and team leadership responsibility for a successful business or business line previously
- Experience within highly ambitious sales/growth/operations environments
- Strong strategic instincts, negotiating skills, and analytical rigor
- Excellent relationship-building and maintenance skills with partners internal and external
- Empathy for your target customer and your coworkers
- A knack for storytelling in both written and verbal form
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $17 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 400,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $9 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 250,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more
Be a Better Betterment Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Betterment when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Betterment? Visit Betterment's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Corporate Development & Strategy, Diligence
DraftKings, New York, NY
Sales Development Representative UK
OTA Insight, London
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
Sales Development Representative - French