About the right team member:
Betterment’s mission is to empower people to do what’s best for their money so that they can live better, and you’ll be responsible for bringing that to our potential customers through our new Everyday Checking product.
You are a talented and focused product manager. You are a natural collaborator and love being part of a cross-functional team. You relish rolling up your sleeves and explaining complex requirements to engineers, designers, and data analysts...and you also can build effective, high-performing relationships with technical and strategic partners outside the company. You are masterful in prioritizing effectively and making tradeoffs across a range of tasks and initiatives. You live for iteration and know that the job of building software is never done.
You rapidly build rapport with people and teams and are respected by peers as a strong and honest partner. You are passionate about building a customer-centric business that will impart lasting change to the financial services sector.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Work with the product lead to shape Betterment’s Everyday Checking product pre- and post-launch
- Manage and groom a backlog of product improvements and new features
- Productize top priorities from the backlog. Work with engineering and design partners to gather requirements, create/refine documentation, and break down work into tasks
- Partner with operations to understand key fraud risks and identify ways to mitigate those risks through product design
- Serve as the primary point of contact for day-to-day questions from design and engineering
- Collaborate with outside partners to devise and deliver new features
- Assist with in-app copywriting. Shepherd copy through legal, compliance, marketing, and external partner approvals
- Internalize the key metrics to Checking’s success and understand how the work that you’re prioritizing will help drive those metrics
- Develop a deep level of user empathy through product data, competitive analysis, and user research
- Have a direct impact on key business results every day
You will be effective if you have:
- 3+ years of product management experience in a consumer technology company employing Agile (or similar) product development practices
- Demonstrated success at communicating, prioritizing, and balancing needs cross-functionally
- Obsessive attention to detail and an eye for identifying edge cases
- Strong analytical abilities with a passion for data-informed decision making
- Ability to build strong relationships across functions within an organization
Bonus points if you have:
- A solid understanding of investing and financial advisory products
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Experience working with external partners
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $20 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $9 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 250,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more
Be a Better Betterment Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Betterment when you watch classes taught by their top employees.