Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Betterment! We are all finding ourselves in an uncertain environment given the ongoing developments with Coronavirus (COVID-19). As you know, Betterment’s mission is to empower people to make the most of their money so they can live better, and we maintain that steadfast commitment regardless of market conditions.
We are hiring slowly but thoughtfully at this time. We will be reviewing all applications for each open role on a weekly basis through June, 2020. Given this shift in hiring pace, you may not hear back from us for a few weeks. If your application seems like a good fit for this position, we will contact you in order to schedule a phone interview.
Our Full Stack Engineers work alongside UX and Product Managers to craft our new product suite -- Betterment Everyday ™. As a member of this team, you’ll love building products you’re proud to share with friends and family. We aim for fluid, delightful user experiences and will need to leverage the entire software stack to realize these goals. We’re not only creating a new way of managing money but also answering difficult questions of scale, architecture, and interaction.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Be a technical lead helping to craft and build a new state-of-art way to save and manage your money.
- Use your technical guidance and influence to architect innovative solutions and marshall peers to execute in partnership with product.
- Gain trust through transparency. We believe in taking the guesswork out of investing. That means a consistent experience for our customers — you’ll build the tools to make it possible. We already have the best UX in the business. Let’s make it even better.
- Find and create more efficiency. Our software helps save time and money and we maintain it through clean code, pragmatic programming, and lean engineering.
- Partner with our mobile engineer teammates as well as collaborating with other teams such as investing and data.
You will be effective if you have:
- Have experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Have a strong command of fundamental algorithms and data structures
- Have a passion for software engineering, and for creating what doesn’t exist
- Know how to make the tradeoffs required to ship without compromising quality
- Understand the value of automated testing
- Appreciate agility and pragmatism in software development
- Thrive in a lean yet collaborative environment
Technologies you will use:
Engineering spends much of its time with the tools above, but we strive to always choose the best tool for the job. You’ll be working alongside teams that live-and-breathe a variety of languages and frameworks and will help us define the idioms to decouple systems that communicate via RESTful APIs and other protocols.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $9 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 250,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more
Be a Better Betterment Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Betterment when you watch classes taught by their top employees.