Betterment is transforming the financial services industry, and we’re just getting started. We’re looking for someone to join our extraordinary team as our Corporate Development Manager.
About the right team member:
You are a mover, a shaker, and an aspiring dealmaker. You not only enjoy identifying new partnership opportunities in the market; but find true satisfaction leading the entire process from strategy and ideation through execution and integration. You’re excited to be a Betterment evangelist: You are looking for a role that will empower you to make substantial and immediate impacts through your hard work. You know collaboration is key to any successful project, so you are eager to build trusted relationships with our brand, retail, product, tech, and customer experience teams who will help turn new opportunities into a reality.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Build Betterment’s company-wide strategy for external partnerships and M&A
- Lead the process of identifying, sourcing, due diligence, deal negotiations and integration for all corporate strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with our management, product, strategy and finance teams to prioritize partnership and acquisition opportunities
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and industry offerings and provide thoughtful and insightful findings to our teams
- Create business cases and partner with FP&A to prepare valuation models for partnerships or M&A activity
- Build strong relationships with engineering, product, finance, legal and other teams and provide support to all elements of work as it relates to diligence work and integration
- Structure partnerships and prepare proposals, memorandums of understanding, and contracts
- Identify and solve complex operational issues, often unique to each deal
- Maintain a comprehensive database of prospective partners across multiple areas of interest
You’ll be effective if you have:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience (e.g., corporate development, business development, M&A)
- Executed strategic partnerships and M&A from ideation to completion
- Demonstrated success at partnering, prioritizing and balancing needs cross-functionally.
- Driven alignment across various senior stakeholders -- both internally and with external partners
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic entrepreneurial environment
- A robust network of relationships in financial services
- Prepared industry analyses and presentations, and presented to senior management
- A passion for our mission to empower people to make the most of their money
Bonus points if you have:
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Experience at a technology company
- Great Excel financial modeling skills
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $10 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 270,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $9 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 250,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more
Be a Better Betterment Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Betterment when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Betterment? Visit https://www.betterment.com/
Jobs You May Like
Manager / Sr. Manager, Corporate Development
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
EMEA Director - Partner Acquisition & Development
Twitch, London, UK
Business Development Manager (m/w) - Sales/Marketing Partnerships
Magoosh, Berkeley, CA
Director of Partnerships
Vimeo, New York, NY
Customer Success Manager, Voyat
Intent Media, New York City