About the right team member:
You like interacting with people, fixing things, and are a master at the art of the analogy. You understand what it means to be a champion of a brand. You are the voice of the company for customers, and relish providing them with that “wow” moment. You understand what it is like to be a customer, and appreciate going above and beyond to delight people and solve their problems.
You are a very strong communicator with an eye for detail, and you demonstrate quick thinking and creative problem solving. You have experience with financial or investment products, personally or professionally, and are interested in learning much more.
This role is key to enhancing our customer-focused product, supporting its users, and is relied on by every team in our organization.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Deliver above-and-beyond customer service and experiences through phone, email, live chat, and social media channels
- Explain complex transactional and investment principles clearly, helping prospects and customers see the benefits of our products
- Troubleshoot customer issues and concerns, investigating why they happened, and communicating with multiple teams to find rapid resolutions
- Act as the internal voice of the customer, offering insights to all areas of the business to help build a better product
- Suggest improvements to company processes (e.g. website, frequently asked questions, back office procedures, etc.)
- Weekend and evening availability required
You will be effective if you have:
We are seeking humans who exhibit a strong desire to work in a dynamic environment and who truly want to make a difference in the lives of our customers.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience
- Prior experience working in customer service, financial services or retail banking
- Interest in becoming a subject matter specialist in finance and personal investing
- Creativity, with a breadth of interests, and an intrinsic initiative to learn new things
- Technical savvy, specifically the ability to navigate multiple complex systems simultaneously to respond to customer inquiries
- Impressive attention to detail and extraordinary organization skills
Bonus Points If you have:
- Financial services credentials or licensing
- Graduate-level education in a related field
- Customer service, call center or related experience working with CRM systems (Salesforce, Jira, ZenDesk, Desk, ZoHo, etc.)
- Prior people management responsibility
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $10 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 270,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $9 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 250,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more
Be a Better Betterment Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Betterment when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Betterment? Visit https://www.betterment.com/
Jobs You May Like
Customer Engagement Representative with Italian
Customer Support Specialist
Greenhouse, San Francisco, CA
Customer Support Specialist - Overnight Coverage, Phoenix AZ
Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer
Okta, San Jose, CA
Regional Manager, Midwest
Bonobos, Chicago, IL
Account Support Specialist
GitHub, Remote - New Zealand (Anywhere OR Auckland, New Zealand)