About Betterment At Work:
Betterment At Work is a 401(k) service built from the ground up with the needs of the modern employee in mind. It’s selected by employers who want to offer their employees tailored financial advice that will help them create a more secure future. Betterment’s 401(k) offering is powered by Betterment’s proprietary, smart technology that automates and optimizes asset allocation to enhance financial wellness. As a fiduciary that is independent of the funds it invests in, Betterment believes that everyone has the fundamental right to expert financial advice. Headquartered in New York City and created by the largest independent online financial advisor, Betterment’s 401(k) is used by leading employers like Casper and Boxed. For more information, visit www.betterment.com/401k.
401(k) plan administration services provided by Betterment for Business LLC. Investment advice to plans and plan participants provided by Betterment LLC, an SEC registered investment adviser. Brokerage services provided to clients of Betterment LLC by Betterment Securities, an SEC registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/SIPC. Betterment LLC and Betterment Securities are affiliates of Betterment for Business LLC.
About the Role:
Betterment at Work is rapidly scaling the revenue organization and we’re looking to bring on an experienced Deal Desk Analyst, eager to help build our strategic pricing and analytical efforts. In this role, you will support the Head of Revenue Operations by owning the end-to-end deal process, creating standards of excellence for our sales operations. You will help iterate on and maintain overall pricing structures, creating standards and procedures that enable the revenue teams and accelerate the business.
The retirement space is far from stagnant and Betterment is a fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a candidate who is excited by the evolution of retirement benefits in the macro environment and can bring that excitement to our clients as we redefine employer benefits.
We are looking to hire this role based in our NYC office location, where we offer hybrid working conditions.
A Day in the Life:
- Partner closely with Revenue Operations Manager and Head of Revenue on pricing structures to strategically accelerate sales and maintain business objectives
- Establish pricing and contract guardrails for sales leadership with escalation and exception processes for any deals outside of standard scope
- Collaborate with relevant cross-functional partners on contracts; seek opportunities to improve our processes
- Support relevant teams in reviewing and optimizing pricing structures for existing clients
- Manage pipeline integrity & accuracy, review pricing dashboard regularly, and provide reporting as needed
- Partners with Revenue enablement and go-to-market leaders to facilitate process and system improvements
- Assist with the billing setup and process, as needed by working with our finance teams
What We’re Looking For:
- Seasoned professional with experience in deal desk and/or business analytics functions in B2B SaaS startups
- Experience reviewing contracts and pricing structures as it relates to business outcomes
- Motivated by a rapidly scaling revenue team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
- Experience with Salesforce, excel and SQL
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, and continuing on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
You’ll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your whole self and make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing.
- Join one or more of our 6 Employee Resource Groups as a member or an ally, and help us shape Betterment’s culture and product for years to come.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up and cared for with a customizable workstation, benefit packages that fit your needs (including infertility support and World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits), a Self Care stipend of $600 per year to invest in your wellness however you see fit, as well as additional professional development opportunity.
- You’ll have flexible paid time off, and a team that cares about you, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing and transparency you can opt into mentoring and career coaching programs as well as weekly company meetings.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to interview.accom[email protected]
What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of meetings with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 2-3 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability and sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, and our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $9 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 250,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more
Be a Better Betterment Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Betterment when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Betterment? Visit Betterment's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.