BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like LinkedIn, Salesforce, Visa, Deloitte, and Logitech.
We are searching for a Sales Proposal Lead to manage high priority proposal efforts for new client opportunities. This is a critical role for BetterUp in our stage of high growth, helping to drive clear and compelling value propositions, brand alignment, and high quality standards in every proposal we deliver. The Sales Proposal Lead will report into Client Partnerships, a pre-sales function. As the founding member of the sales proposal team, you’ll be designing and testing a process to drive both quality and efficiency, and then leading the proposal efforts for our highest priority deals, including RFX (RFQ, RFI and RFP) submissions. This role requires a unique combination of both strategic and execution skills. We’re looking for creative thinkers and collaborative problem solvers, who are ready to get extremely hands-on in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Scan the market for active or impending RFX (RFI, RFQ, RFP) on the commercial, state and federal markets
- Drive a strategic approach to respond to RFX submissions and proposals
- Build and manage an efficient and scalable RFX process
- Lead win/loss analysis and report insights to the leadership team
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to keep messaging and narrative current
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- Attention to detail
- Strong writing and storytelling skills
- Gets excited and sees the strategic side of RFX events
- Strong project management skills
- Self starter and can work independently
- Ability to work and build relationships cross-functionally
- Experience working with a sales team
- Experience with Federal Government or knowledge of Federal acquisition regulations (FAR) and/or Defense Federal acquisition regulations (FAR) a plus
- SAAS experience a plus
- Willingness to travel to San Francisco headquarters 4+ times a year
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business development, proposal development, and managing the proposal process
- Experience with products a plus (vs. only professional services)
- Anywhere in the US (work remotely, with regular travel to HQ)
- Preferred locations with BetterUp Offices: DC or Phoenix
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- 401(k) self contribution
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
About us At BetterUp, we believe it takes two people to develop great leaders: an individual who's ready for new challenges and a world class coach. Our innovative approach fast tracks leadership development and helps employees at all levels in their organization find more meaning and satisfaction in their roles to do their best work. BetterUp pairs employees with a dedicated, expert coach to cultivate the leadership behaviors they need to thrive. Our mobile-first platform facilitates convenient, frequent touch points and continuous learning to prepare rising leaders for new challenges. Created by a team of behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists, BetterUp’s Behavioral Insights uses data from regular assessments to give companies critical insights into workforce development and measurable results across 25 key leadership dimensions.
Want to learn more about BetterUp? Visit BetterUp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Account Development Representative, English Speaking (EMEA)
VP of Sales, North America
DataCamp, New York City
Enterprise Account Executive
Recorded Future, New York, NY
Intern - Quality Assurance Specialist
Datto, Munich, DE
Enterprise Sales Development Representative
SocialChorus, San Francisco, CA
Senior Manager, Sales Enablement
Andela, New York City, USA