BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Airbnb, Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
BetterUp is currently seeking high-energy, enterprise sales professionals who possess a deep understanding of business, a healthy intellectual curiosity, and a proven track record of exceeding past sales targets.
BetterUp Account Executives engage with C-suite and VP level executives at global enterprise companies to generate new business revenue. AEs are quota-carrying reps responsible for the full sales cycle. They are expected to build rapport with senior level executives, advising them on best practice business solutions, and strategically manage the sales opportunity using a consultative sales approach to present solutions mapped to BetterUp offerings.
Successful BetterUp AE’s are goal-oriented, driven professionals who are passionate about helping others realize their full potential through professional development, enterprise learning, and positive psychology.
At BetterUp you’ll have an opportunity to work in an exciting culture, surrounded by talented, motivated and intellectually stimulating colleagues who thrive on helping executives to solve their most pressing business challenges.
- Manage multiple opportunities through the entire cycle simultaneously, working with cross-functional teams as necessary, and serve as the primary customer contact for all adoption-related activities.
- Lead senior executives into purchasing and deploying BetterUp through a consultative sales approach.
- Work with multiple LOB’s to create demand in the business as you leverage the executive buying cycle.
- Execute a consultative sales methodology with an average sales cycle of 9 months or less.
- Prospect and build pipeline in order to improve ramp speed and shorten the sales cycle.
- Create and execute on a minimum of 11 first meetings per month.
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- Minimum 7 years of sales experience (with 5+ years of quota carrying, large enterprise software sales experience)
- Track record of over-achieving (top 10-20% of company)
- 4-year college degree required / advanced degree is a plus
- Familiarity with the human resources function and HR consulting space is a huge asset- selling to CHRO or CLO is preferred
- Prior sales methodology training (Challenger Sale preferred)
- An unrelenting drive to learn, succeed and lead by example
- Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills, empathy, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Technically savvy (familiarity with sales automation tools) and specifically skilled using Salesforce to manage sales cycles
- Process driven, meticulously organized and self-motivated
- Ability to adapt and iterate on your sales motion as you navigate a startup selling environment
- Attention to creating agreements with prospects to build a project plan and represent that outcome via strong forecasting cadence
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
About us At BetterUp, we believe it takes two people to develop great leaders: an individual who's ready for new challenges and a world class coach. Our innovative approach fast tracks leadership development and helps employees at all levels in their organization find more meaning and satisfaction in their roles to do their best work. BetterUp pairs employees with a dedicated, expert coach to cultivate the leadership behaviors they need to thrive. Our mobile-first platform facilitates convenient, frequent touch points and continuous learning to prepare rising leaders for new challenges. Created by a team of behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists, BetterUp’s Behavioral Insights uses data from regular assessments to give companies critical insights into workforce development and measurable results across 25 key leadership dimensions.