BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like LinkedIn, Salesforce, Capital One, Deloitte, and Logitech.
BetterUp is looking for a Product Manager to join our team to design and build product experiences that enable professional coaching at scale. Our mobile-first product connects coaches with individuals, creating powerful relationships to drive behavior change and transform a new generation of leaders.
We are a team that collaborates tightly, ships quickly, and has fun. Our small and focused team cares deeply about crafting the highest quality product experiences, and each team member has a profound impact on the vision and direction of what we deliver. And, although we take our responsibility seriously and stay focused on delivering and iterating quickly, we always take the time to laugh, take a pause and enjoy our work and each other.
We are headquartered in San Francisco with the majority of our design and engineering team distributed across the country. Our collaborative approach to product development helps establish a highly connected and high performing environment.
You will craft transformational user experiences that drive business outcomes. You will deliver product and process innovation by taking ownership of not only what we develop, but how we create a learning culture dedicated to constant improvement. You will make courageous decisions daily and push the boundaries of what our team is capable of delivering.
You will partner tightly with designers and engineers to validate potential solutions and collaborate, adjust, and iterate quickly. You will thrive in an objective-oriented environment that values collectively finding the best outcomes.
This is a collection of skills that we believe would make someone successful in this position. If you feel that you have the majority of these skills or others that will ensure your success in this role, please apply.
- Previous experience as a senior level Product Manager
- Experience leading the end to end product lifecycle
- Have shipped at least one consumer-grade product (bonus for apps in health, education, gaming or enterprise)
- Deep knowledge of product design and development processes
- Strong design sense
- Practical experience working with remote teams
- Passionate about our mission to "help every professional pursue their life with clarity, purpose, and passion"
- Naturally curious and want to push boundaries of what's possible
- Methodical with a strong attention to detail
- Self-directed and biased towards action
- Constantly improving and open to feedback through collaboration
- Expert verbal and written communicator with remote teams
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- 401(k) self contribution
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
About us At BetterUp, we believe it takes two people to develop great leaders: an individual who's ready for new challenges and a world class coach. Our innovative approach fast tracks leadership development and helps employees at all levels in their organization find more meaning and satisfaction in their roles to do their best work. BetterUp pairs employees with a dedicated, expert coach to cultivate the leadership behaviors they need to thrive. Our mobile-first platform facilitates convenient, frequent touch points and continuous learning to prepare rising leaders for new challenges. Created by a team of behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists, BetterUp’s Behavioral Insights uses data from regular assessments to give companies critical insights into workforce development and measurable results across 25 key leadership dimensions.