BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. We’re already transforming the way companies approach leadership development at high-performing organizations, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Salesforce, Capital One, Deloitte, and Logitech.
BetterUp is currently seeking a world-class product marketer to join our team, reporting to the Head of Product Marketing. As a member of the product marketing function, you will be responsible for creating and communicating compelling narratives, defining messaging for market segments and initiatives and creating content that engages the market. You will play a key role in product launches, marketing campaigns, in-product messaging, and partner-related marketing activities.
The ideal candidate will blend strategic thinking with tactical execution and be hands-on creating content, messages, and programs. Keen market insight is a critical requirement -- this will include understanding and developing the market dynamics and following through with the appropriate messaging, sales enablement, competitive positioning and program definition. This is a high profile position internally and externally – the right candidate will provide cross-functional leadership across marketing, sales, customer success, and product development.
At BetterUp you’ll have an opportunity to work in an exciting culture, surrounded by talented, motivated and intellectually stimulating colleagues who thrive on helping executives to solve their most pressing business challenges.
- Be the trusted voice of the customer internally by surfacing qualitative and quantitative insights to shape product messaging, direction, and product-market fit.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates the company’s offerings from the competition.
- Develop compelling content in collaboration with internal stakeholders that will help drive customer engagement, thought leadership, and content marketing.
- Sales and Channel Enablement:
- Develop and communicate the value proposition of the company solution to the sales team and develop sales tools to enable selling process of our products.
- Create customer case studies with input from customer success team.
- Conduct competitive analysis/market research:
- Develop and produce market research and detailed sales ready competitive analysis (products and technology).
- Assess and prioritize expansion and new monetization opportunities.
This is a collection of skills that we believe would make someone successful in this position. If you feel that you have the majority of these skills or others that will ensure your success in this role, please apply.
- 3 - 5 years in a product marketing role
- Small company mindset
- Extensive experience developing and validating positioning, messaging, competition, segmentation, and go to market strategy for a fast-paced, high growth technology market
- Analytical and able to juggle many projects. High energy individual and entrepreneurial in spirit and deed – motivated by equity upside and an opportunity to positively transform lives and careers
- Experience in creating case studies and customer success stories
- Proven ability to establish goals and set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through with timely execution in a fluid, cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and analytical nature
- Innovative, self-starter work ethic
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA or equivalent preferred
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- 401(k) self contribution
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
About us At BetterUp, we believe it takes two people to develop great leaders: an individual who's ready for new challenges and a world class coach. Our innovative approach fast tracks leadership development and helps employees at all levels in their organization find more meaning and satisfaction in their roles to do their best work. BetterUp pairs employees with a dedicated, expert coach to cultivate the leadership behaviors they need to thrive. Our mobile-first platform facilitates convenient, frequent touch points and continuous learning to prepare rising leaders for new challenges. Created by a team of behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists, BetterUp’s Behavioral Insights uses data from regular assessments to give companies critical insights into workforce development and measurable results across 25 key leadership dimensions.
Want to learn more about BetterUp? Visit BetterUp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Manager of Product Marketing, Small Business/Mid Market
Classy, San Diego Headquarters
Product Marketing Manager, Strategic Alliances
MuleSoft, San Francisco
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Executive
Digital Producer, Marketing Operations
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Brand Marketing Director
Badoo, London, UK
Boxed, New York, NY