BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
We’re looking for an engineering leader who thrives on building world class teams to affect positive change in the world. At BetterUp we understand that true innovation comes from empowering groups of talented people to move fast and think creatively. Our managers exist to serve this end by supporting, unblocking, and pushing their teams to produce their best possible work. This could mean many different things from day to day but it does not involve simply handing out tasks to engineers for them to build. We’re seeking a leader who finds fulfillment in truly unlocking the potential of others.
- Team Leader - Lead agile software processes and help refine the product and engineering roadmap to drive user value and business impact. Contextualize new information for the team and provide updates to organizational leaders. Exercise sound judgement in helping guide team direction.
- Player + Coach - Get to know your team to understand their strengths, passions, and challenges. Know when to push people to help them realize their potential and how to support them when they struggle. Foster alignment between the goals of the individual and the needs of the business wherever possible. Learn the technical architecture and contribute by building features and reviewing code.
- Talent Seeker - Recruit, hire, and maintain a diverse team of exceptional remote first engineers. Hold a high bar of excellence for your team and encourage them to hold each other accountable.
- Agent of Change - Optimize and evolve engineering culture, processes, and best practices to create an environment where engineers are elevated by the ecosystem rather than hindered by it.
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- Passion for coaching, education, behavioral sciences or other fields that lead to human well-being
- 10 years minimum software development experience (some of which involves leading teams)
- Proven leadership skills and strong oral and written communication
- Experience with startups and remote-first teams
- Expertise in agile software development processes (Kanban/SCRUM/Lean principles)
- Intentional prioritization and ability to deliver maximum impact with minimal effort
- Familiar with Continuous Deployment operations (Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Feature Toggles)
- Deep understanding of SaaS/PaaS cloud architectures (AWS)
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
About us At BetterUp, we believe it takes two people to develop great leaders: an individual who's ready for new challenges and a world class coach. Our innovative approach fast tracks leadership development and helps employees at all levels in their organization find more meaning and satisfaction in their roles to do their best work. BetterUp pairs employees with a dedicated, expert coach to cultivate the leadership behaviors they need to thrive. Our mobile-first platform facilitates convenient, frequent touch points and continuous learning to prepare rising leaders for new challenges. Created by a team of behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists, BetterUp’s Behavioral Insights uses data from regular assessments to give companies critical insights into workforce development and measurable results across 25 key leadership dimensions.
Want to learn more about BetterUp? Visit BetterUp's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!
Jobs You May Like
Services Engagement Manager, Scale (Remote Eligible)
Okta, US Remote East Coast; US Remote Central; Boston, MA; New ...