BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help people everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
As our Head of Engineering, you’ll be leading our technical expansion into Mexico. We are looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit, technically advanced, and will be a strong leader for the team they will build out in Mexico. This is a highly collaborative leadership role for someone who wants to build an engineering team from the ground up in an entirely new market. You will play a key role in establishing and executing our technical strategy, focused on delivering software experiences defined by craftsmanship and delight.
- Recruit, hire, and develop a world-class remote-first engineering team in Mexico
- Build strong organizational cultures focused on growth, innovation, and fostering creativity
- Lead agile software processes for engineering team (Kanban/Scrum/Lean)
- Work directly with our product, design and operations functions to define and refine product and engineering roadmap to drive business value and impact
- Optimize and evolve engineering best practices and processes
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- Passion for impacting human performance and well-being at the intersection of technology and behavioral science.
- 10 years minimum software development experience
- Proven leadership skills and strong oral and written communication
- Experience with startups and remote-first teams, launching new engineering teams globally is a plus
- Expertise in agile software development processes (Kanban/SCRUM/Lean principles)
- Ruthless prioritization and ability to deliver maximum impact with minimal effort
- Familiar with Continuous Deployment operations (Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Feature Toggles)
- Deep understanding of SaaS/PaaS cloud architectures (AWS)
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
About us At BetterUp, we believe it takes two people to develop great leaders: an individual who's ready for new challenges and a world class coach. Our innovative approach fast tracks leadership development and helps employees at all levels in their organization find more meaning and satisfaction in their roles to do their best work. BetterUp pairs employees with a dedicated, expert coach to cultivate the leadership behaviors they need to thrive. Our mobile-first platform facilitates convenient, frequent touch points and continuous learning to prepare rising leaders for new challenges. Created by a team of behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists, BetterUp’s Behavioral Insights uses data from regular assessments to give companies critical insights into workforce development and measurable results across 25 key leadership dimensions.
Want to learn more about BetterUp? Visit BetterUp's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.