Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
In 2021 BetterUp opened offices in Munich, London, and Amsterdam. In less than six months after BetterUp’s Europe launch, we are approaching 100 employees across five countries. The Director of HR Europe will partner closely with the VP of Business Operations and Strategy to build the Europe HR function from the ground up. BetterUp is looking for an entrepreneurial low ego leader who thrives in ambiguity to help BetterUp Europe achieve its ambitious growth goals.
What you'll do:
- Translate BetterUp’s corporate strategy and Europe business objectives into innovative people practices and programs to maximize employee engagement and organizational effectiveness.
- Own the day-to-day operational requirements as well as think strategically about key organizational objectives. To be successful in day-to-day operations you must be eager and comfortable with continuously switching between execution and strategy in a highly ambiguous context.
- Scope Europe’s HR needs in the coming 3 years and build a world-class HR team across Europe to execute the vision while incorporating BetterUp’s global HR strategy to maintain consistency across the organization.
- Engage with and at times challenge Europe executives as a peer thought partner. Operates as an equal business partner across the Europe executive team that includes multiple RVPs of Sales, Head of Engineering EMEA, Dir of Product, Head of Marketing EMEA, and VP of Business Operations and Strategy.
- Proactively assess team and manager development needs to make recommendations and implement appropriate solutions.
- Manage delicate employee relations situations with Courage and Empathy.
- Lead complex cross-functional projects that have multiple stakeholders while maintaining an extremely high bar of Craftsmanship.
- Create and manage metrics that tell compelling stories to drive actionable insights.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of progressive Human Resources experience across Europe
- 3+ years of experience building an HR function for a US-based scale-up that has multiple offices in Europe
- Low ego leader excited to build from the ground up with the ability to flex from the strategic to the tactical as the Europe HR function is launched
- An inspirational leader who has a track record of building high performing and engaged teams
- Up to date on local legal and regulatory requirements across multiple countries including Germany, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands
- Strong network across Europe to augment gaps as the EMEA function ramps
- Willing to travel at least 25% of the time
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
About us At BetterUp, we believe it takes two people to develop great leaders: an individual who's ready for new challenges and a world class coach. Our innovative approach fast tracks leadership development and helps employees at all levels in their organization find more meaning and satisfaction in their roles to do their best work. BetterUp pairs employees with a dedicated, expert coach to cultivate the leadership behaviors they need to thrive. Our mobile-first platform facilitates convenient, frequent touch points and continuous learning to prepare rising leaders for new challenges. Created by a team of behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists, BetterUp’s Behavioral Insights uses data from regular assessments to give companies critical insights into workforce development and measurable results across 25 key leadership dimensions.
Want to learn more about BetterUp? Visit BetterUp's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.