At BetterUp, we give people the coaching, support, and push they need to reach peak performance and unlock their limitless potential, in all they do, personally and professionally. We work with world-class experts and Coaches, pioneer innovative technology, and foster human touch at scale to fuel the BetterUp experience, and make growth and development achievable for all. We believe that practicing strong mental fitness is a never-ending practice of maintaining and building the strengths that precede health, happiness, and success.
And we’re looking to build out a diverse and ambitious team of go-getters to join us as we grow. Exciting opportunities lie ahead, as well as work that makes a real difference — not only in the lives of others, but for your own personal and professional growth, too. Join us as we continue to bring BetterUp to more people everywhere, and create impactful change for our members and for you.
As Sr. Manager, Revenue, you will report to the Controller and be responsible for analyzing and reviewing complex revenue transactions, as well as continually refining our revenue recognition policies, and drive revenue related month-end close activities. You will provide direction on technical revenue accounting issues, drive internal and external reporting related to revenue accounting, and explain the accounting impact to your partners on various teams including Deal Desk, Sales, Legal, and Finance during the contract negotiation process.
What you’ll do:
- Review and adjust revenue policies, procedures, controls, and drive compliance with GAAP
- Review customer arrangements for proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards and summarize customer agreements with non-standard terms impacting revenue recognition
- Perform revenue recognition activities including application of relevant GAAP to arrangements
- Review draft customer contracts and guide the business on deal structuring and expected revenue recognition outcomes of various structures. This task often has very short deadlines requiring re-prioritizing of your calendar.
- Provide support and assistance in determining proper accounting for products and services including new introductions
- Lead an analysis of revenue recognition software products available to determine what best fits BetterUp’s business model, revenue policy and integration into core ERP.
- Manage monthly revenue related tasks and analysis including monthly revenue close process (e.g. reconcile revenue, reserves, deferred revenue, etc.)
- Review journal entries to ensure appropriate revenue treatment
- Review various analysis to support the Company’s compliance with revenue recognition guidance
- Prepare interim and year-end audit schedules as well as champion adoption of SOX controls and improvements
- Participate in or manage ad-hoc projects
- Evaluate the revenue recognition approach of acquired companies and participate in integration to allow for the consolidation of revenues from the target into the consolidated results
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Bachelor degree, Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of revenue accounting experience (ASC 606/IFRS15), with 3+ years of management experience
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills are required for frequent interaction with financial and non-financial management
- Ability to work at a detailed level and also to interact effectively with all levels within the organization
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; with the ability to manipulate and digest large amounts of data required
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team setting
- A highly productive self-starter with very strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Strong accountability and detail oriented; prepares accurate and timely work products
- Strong interpersonal, communication and messaging skills
- Quick learner and ability to drive successful results with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Experience with Workday and Salesforce a plus
- CPA and/or public company experience
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
About us At BetterUp, we believe it takes two people to develop great leaders: an individual who's ready for new challenges and a world class coach. Our innovative approach fast tracks leadership development and helps employees at all levels in their organization find more meaning and satisfaction in their roles to do their best work. BetterUp pairs employees with a dedicated, expert coach to cultivate the leadership behaviors they need to thrive. Our mobile-first platform facilitates convenient, frequent touch points and continuous learning to prepare rising leaders for new challenges. Created by a team of behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists, BetterUp’s Behavioral Insights uses data from regular assessments to give companies critical insights into workforce development and measurable results across 25 key leadership dimensions.
Want to learn more about BetterUp? Visit BetterUp's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.