Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
BetterUp is looking for an exceptional individual who is mission-driven and team-oriented to join our legal team as a Legal Operations Analyst. This position reports to Legal Counsel & Manager of Legal Operations and will directly support the growth of our legal team, commercial teams and procurement process. Our ideal candidate is collaborative, focused on execution, and is comfortable making thoughtful, creative decisions. The role will require a high degree of self-sufficiency, but also someone who enjoys being part of a supportive team dedicated to providing top legal service to our internal clients. You must be willing to roll up your sleeves, be comfortable working in ambiguity, and comfortable handling a high volume of documents in a fast-paced environment. This position will fill multiple roles, supporting the legal team with planning, strategy, operations, enablement and analytics, working collaboratively with Deals Desk and Order Operations on go-to-market needs, as well as assisting with internal procurement requests to ensure the timely review of vendor and supplier agreements. Our ideal candidate leverages data analytics and metrics to drive informed decision making to address bottlenecks and improve efficiency. BetterUp’s legal team works collaboratively in a fast-paced environment where a sense of humor, extreme ownership, and creativity are the cornerstones of daily life.
What you’ll do:
- Partner closely with the Legal team and Deals Desk to support throughout the commercial and procurement contracting processes
- Interface with Finance, Sales Ops, Privacy, and Information Security
- Assist with contract request intake and processing, including review of low risk contracts
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to create simple process steps, enablement materials and FAQs
- Actively assess the legal team’s operations to identify opportunities for improvement with a focus on leveraging automation
- Support tracking of department objectives and roadmap for achieving them to transform key processes and enhance performance
- Bring rigor and organization through regular reporting for tracking of KPIs through dashboards
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Comfort and familiarity working closely with a sales team and at ease interacting with a range of cross functional teams
- Demonstrated experience working independently with excellent business judgment and strategic thinking
- Ability to prioritize and manage business expectations in a high volume environment
- Minimum 3-5 years working in technology, preferably supporting operations
- Strong organizer and clear communicator with ability to distill complex issues in a simple manner and keep multiple priorities on track
- Prior experience in high growth start-up preferred
- Experience with sales and legal tech solutions preferred (Salesforce, CPQ, CLM systems, ect)
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Year-round contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
About us At BetterUp, we believe it takes two people to develop great leaders: an individual who's ready for new challenges and a world class coach. Our innovative approach fast tracks leadership development and helps employees at all levels in their organization find more meaning and satisfaction in their roles to do their best work. BetterUp pairs employees with a dedicated, expert coach to cultivate the leadership behaviors they need to thrive. Our mobile-first platform facilitates convenient, frequent touch points and continuous learning to prepare rising leaders for new challenges. Created by a team of behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists, BetterUp’s Behavioral Insights uses data from regular assessments to give companies critical insights into workforce development and measurable results across 25 key leadership dimensions.
Want to learn more about BetterUp? Visit BetterUp's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos