Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
The Communications Lead is the voice of BetterUp to coaches and the voices of coaches to BetterUp. You will plan and create communications to and for our Coach Community. This includes both internal and external communications across a range of media and forms.
What you’ll do:
- Craft an overarching story and editorial calendar about BetterUp and supporting initiatives, focus areas and topics relevant and interesting for Coach Community. We want to build community with coaches over the course of their contract year, and ensure the delivery of all communications to support an overarching story.
- Share an overarching Coach Community story with internal stakeholders.
- Write and deploy a weekly newsletter based on editorial focus, events and announcements for this community
- Develop and evolve new communications tools and cadences that more powerfully communicate with our Coach community.
- Work in close collaboration with our Marketing, Product, and Storytelling teams to ensure coaches are kept up to date on our latest offerings, while simultaneously ensuring that coaches stories are being told internally and to the world.
- Support a range of internal efforts such as All Hands and the employee newsletter, among others.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Excellent writing, editing, and visual communication skills
- Understanding of the ever shifting communications landscape with fluency in a wide range of communications tools
- Proficiency in communications design, including layout, graphics, and formal/legal requirements
- Experience in managing and updating content across media platforms
- Experience in internal communications and community building within large organizations
- Fluency in English is required; proficiencies in other languages (Spanish, Mandarin, French) is an asset
- Self-starter who is happy to provide a first draft quickly and to iterate multiple times to perfect a particular communications piece on time
- Technologically savvy and / or unafraid to dive into new processes and systems to test and experiment; focused on results in a fast-moving, hands-on environment
- Sound judgment to drive communications initiatives, with excellent skills in stakeholder management, networking, and relationship-building
- Ability to spin multiple plates
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to BetterUp’’s mission
- At least 5 years of writing and communications management experience, with a track record of producing concise and accessible communication products.
- Knowledge, passion, or curiosity for the field of coaching and human transformation
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
About us At BetterUp, we believe it takes two people to develop great leaders: an individual who's ready for new challenges and a world class coach. Our innovative approach fast tracks leadership development and helps employees at all levels in their organization find more meaning and satisfaction in their roles to do their best work. BetterUp pairs employees with a dedicated, expert coach to cultivate the leadership behaviors they need to thrive. Our mobile-first platform facilitates convenient, frequent touch points and continuous learning to prepare rising leaders for new challenges. Created by a team of behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists, BetterUp’s Behavioral Insights uses data from regular assessments to give companies critical insights into workforce development and measurable results across 25 key leadership dimensions.
Want to learn more about BetterUp? Visit BetterUp's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.