Beyond Finance is a next generation financial services company. Our goal is to provide financial peace of mind to our clients by giving them simple and transparent financial products that are customized to their individual circumstances.
We're in constant pursuit of new collaborators that will help us get to the next level. Our workforce includes celebrated, diverse talents working towards the common objective of developing something transformational for the debt relief industry.
Our team spirit and culture are what set us apart as a company. We love what we do, and we have fun doing it.
We are looking for a DevOps Manager to lead a small team that specializes in AWS to develop, maintain, and support our growing infrastructure and application development. As a DevOps Manager you will provide strategic, innovative, and cost-effective solutions to increase efficiency, reliability, and integration of our services and operations. You will work in a semi-autonomous environment where fast prototyping of emerging technologies to solve industry-related problems is the rule. You will collaborate with your reports to deliver the best solution available in the time available. You will also distill your team’s activity to report status to upper management.
What You’ll Do
- Mentor and coach the team in understanding delivery expectations and bubbling up success and failures to management.
- Manage and grow the team
- Be responsible for the HR functions of the team (handling all personnel matters)
- Build and maintain our entire AWS technology stack, from ECS to ELBs and databases to launch and support our internal applications in partnership with our technology teams.
- Work closely with our internal engineering teams to automate manual processes and support our continuous integration and continuous delivery code pipelines
- Build and maintain tools, solutions, and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring we meet our customer service standards and reduce errors
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catch and solve issues before launch
- Test our system integrity and continuously make improvements to our infrastructure
- Lead efforts on continuous improvement of our processes and design new processes as needed
- Leverage your experience and knowledge in leading projects and implementation efforts.
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- More than three years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role and experience in Leadership roles
- Experience in leading projects from planning through to implementation
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems
- Current with industry trend and best practices, ability to identify the ones we should implement
- Strong time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed
- Experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS
- Strong experience with database technologies such as PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Cassandra, and/or Mongo
- NewRelic or equivalent Observability tool experience
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services
Want to learn more about our engineering department? Read Day in the Life of a Beyond Finance Software Engineer
We are looking for great people to join a fast-paced, growing, and innovative business. For eligible fulltime employees, we offer:
- Considerable employer contributions for health, dental and vision programs
- Generous personal time-off
- 401(K) match
- Merit advancement opportunities
- Career development & training
More importantly, our team spirit and culture are what really sets us apart as a company. We’re a world-class company that loves what we do…and we have fun doing it!
*Beyond Finance is an equal opportunity Employer*
Beyond Finance does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job positions. No fee will be paid to their parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Beyond Finance employees or the Beyond Finance Finance and HR teams. No placement fee will be paid to any third party unless such a request has been made by the Beyond Finance HR team.
Beyond Finance is a next generation finance company. We have taken on the audacious goal of providing financial products that are simple, transparent and improve people’s lives. We are reinventing consumer debt management by heavily investing in data, technology and innovation to provide faster, individually tailored solutions that surpass industry standards. Our team consists of trailblazers, entrepreneurs and visionaries, boldly paving the way in data science, credit, servicing and marketing. Our leadership helped create and grow brands like WebEx, Barclays, Prosper, Avant, Capital One, Chase, and USAA. We’re a team that’s laser-focused on solving big problems and creating a financial brand consumers trust. It’s rare to hear people say, “I love my financial institution, they have my back.” At Beyond Finance, we’re dedicated to that goal.
Want to learn more about Beyond? Visit Beyond's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.