Director of Business Analysis
About Beyond Finance:
Beyond Finance is an exciting next-generation Financial Services company with offices in San Diego, Chicago, and Houston TX. We provide financial products that are simple and transparent that aim to improve people’s lives. As the consumer debt market continues to grow in the United States; we made it our objective to create a transparent and fair debt management services that are customized to the consumers’ individual circumstances.
Our Leadership team comprises of individuals who have extensive experience and expertise in the financial services and debt management spheres. Their proven experiences have helped to create and grow brands such as WebEx, Barclays, Prosper, and Capital One. We are reinventing the market by investing in innovative technologies to better identify and target the market segment. At the same time, extensive market research also enables us to customize our products to better serve them. What sets us apart as a company is the people that we have in the organization. Our team spirit and company culture further solidified the foundation to provide world-class services and create a fun and innovative working environment.
About the Role
The Director of Business Analysis will be responsible for performing analysis as a high-level individual contributor, using judgment to solve critical business problems and potentially leading and developing a team of analysts. The ideal candidate will have a strategic mindset and will quickly build a deep understanding of the business. The director will need the ability to understand the impacts of their recommendations (first order and second order consequences). Effective presentation skills and the ability to tailor presentations to your audience are required. In this role there is a specific focus on SQL skills and dataset manipulation, effective use of Excel / pivot tables, effective use of data visualization tools and successfully presenting analyses to stakeholders and internal customers.
At this level the director will need to effectively prioritize work based on a tradeoff of expected impact to the bottom line and analytical timelines. The director will lead progress on multiple strategic initiatives at any given time. The candidate should have strong experience with all parts of the testing life cycle - designing tests for statistical significance, leading through execution and handling any operational requirements, reading the results of the test and recommending new strategies based on the results.
What You'll Do
- Independently operate to provide deep value to the company through data driven strategies and end to end ownership of multiple business projects
- Conduct and presenting insightful analyses on major trends, challenges and opportunities and create clear and effective visualizations
- Develop deep expertise of every aspect of running the business
- Manage a team and set prioritization for multiple competing requests
- Resolve issues and push through obstacles by being resourceful and self-directed
- Design, execute, and read tests – all aspects of the testing lifecycle ownership
- Become a thought leader in the company on all topics touching data, analysis and strategy
- Bring structure to ambiguous business problems and recommend solutions that can be easily interpreted by non-analytical partners
- Follow, maintain and improve all documentation for projects, analyses and reports
- Provide subject matter expertise for multiple projects concurrently through all phases of the development lifecycle
- Exercise flexibility in handling multiple tasks in this fast-paced FinTech/Start-up environment
- Instill and maintain a strong corporate culture, focusing on positive intent, authenticity and clarity
What We Look For
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Economics, Engineering or other fields that focus on critical problem solving through quantitative methods
- 5 – 10 years of work experience in an analytical organization; 6+ years of experience working with joining data together, interrogating and vetting the data
- 2 – 4 years of experience managing a team and developing talent
- Proficient understanding and experience working with various Data and Analysis technologies.
- Significant experience with data-related best practices and methodologies; experience with relational structures, structured query language (SQL), data warehouse, and reporting techniques.
- Significant experience with Microsoft Excel including pivot tables
- Experience with business intelligence tools and data visualization concepts
- Self-motivated and managed, exceptional follow-through
- Solid problem-solving skills and a strong analytical thought process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and superior customer service record
- Proven track record in taking ownership to deliver results within a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about improving customer experience
Why join us?
We are looking for great people to join a fast-paced, growing, and innovative business. We offer:
- Considerable employer contributions for health, dental and vision programs
- Unlimited personal time-off
- 401(K) match
- Merit advancement opportunities
- Career development & training
More importantly, our team spirit and culture are what really sets us apart as a company. We’re a world-class Financial Technology company that loves what we do…and we have fun doing it!
*Beyond Finance is an equal opportunity Employer*
Beyond Finance is a next generation finance company. We have taken on the audacious goal of providing financial products that are simple, transparent and improve people’s lives. We are reinventing consumer debt management by heavily investing in data, technology and innovation to provide faster, individually tailored solutions that surpass industry standards. Our team consists of trailblazers, entrepreneurs and visionaries, boldly paving the way in data science, credit, servicing and marketing. Our leadership helped create and grow brands like WebEx, Barclays, Prosper, Avant, Capital One, Chase, and USAA. We’re a team that’s laser-focused on solving big problems and creating a financial brand consumers trust. It’s rare to hear people say, “I love my financial institution, they have my back.” At Beyond Finance, we’re dedicated to that goal.
Want to learn more about Beyond? Visit Beyond's website.
Help the world share their story