About Beyond Finance
Beyond Finance is a next generation financial services company. Our goal is to provide financial peace of mind to our clients by giving them simple and transparent financial products that are customized to their individual circumstances.
We are in constant pursuit of “disruptors” that will help us get to the next level. Our workforce includes celebrated, diverse talents working towards the common objective of developing something transformational for the debt relief industry.
Our team spirit and culture are what set us apart as a company. We love what we do, and we have fun doing it.
We are seeking a highly experienced VP of Accounting with a passion for people, technology and innovation.
The VP of Accounting will be strategic minded, analytically driven, and thrives in a dynamic & rapidly growing company within the specialty finance industry. The VP role will collaborate with business development, operations, and technology departments. This role will be responsible for overseeing, managing, and directing the Accounting team.
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with company policy and appropriate US GAAP standards
- Manage the monthly financial close, ensuring timely and accurate reporting across all areas
- Assume responsibility for all accounting and reporting areas including but not limited to payroll and commission accounting, accounts payable, and general ledger
- Monitor and approve accounts payable and employee T&E transactions with continued emphasis on driving process efficiency and enhancement in these areas
- Oversee compliance and filings for all areas of tax, including corporate income, sales tax and other indirect tax
- Work with external auditors to complete the financial statement audits
- Evaluate and implement systems to further automate processes for efficiencies and effectiveness while enhancing internal processes and controls
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal team members and cross-functional teams
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures
- Plan, assign, and direct work, and assess and provide regular employee performance feedback
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; C.P.A. and/or Big Four experience preferred but not required
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience
- 5-7 years leading and managing an accounting team in a small-to-medium sized company
- Experience with/within the lending industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with other departments
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and internal accounting controls
- Ability to work well under pressure in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Strong prioritizing, organizational, and time management skills
- Must have flexible thinking and be able to work in ambiguity
- Must have an analytical mindset and have strong problem-solving skills
Why join us?
We are looking for great people to join a fast-paced, growing, and innovative business. We offer:
- Considerable employer contributions for health, dental and vision programs
- Unlimited personal time-off
- 401(K) match
- Merit advancement opportunities
- Career development & training
More importantly, our team spirit and culture are what really sets us apart as a company. We’re a world-class Financial Technology company that loves what we do…and we have fun doing it!
*Beyond Finance is an equal opportunity Employer*
Beyond Finance is a next generation finance company. We have taken on the audacious goal of providing financial products that are simple, transparent and improve people’s lives. We are reinventing consumer debt management by heavily investing in data, technology and innovation to provide faster, individually tailored solutions that surpass industry standards. Our team consists of trailblazers, entrepreneurs and visionaries, boldly paving the way in data science, credit, servicing and marketing. Our leadership helped create and grow brands like WebEx, Barclays, Prosper, Avant, Capital One, Chase, and USAA. We’re a team that’s laser-focused on solving big problems and creating a financial brand consumers trust. It’s rare to hear people say, “I love my financial institution, they have my back.” At Beyond Finance, we’re dedicated to that goal.
Want to learn more about Beyond? Visit Beyond's website.
DICE is on a mission to get people out more. We bring incredible live shows and