Senior Medical Writer – Associate Medical Director/Medical Director
BGB Group, BGB Group
See jobs at BGB Group
BGB is a medical communications agency that offers a wide range of services, including traditional pharmaceutical advertising and marketing, promotional medical education, and consulting services. We’re hired as strategic consultants by our biopharmaceutical clients and are responsible for launching new brands, as well as expanding existing ones.
The types of projects BGB may be asked to execute for our clients are very diverse. Some examples have included:
- Creating an interactive 3D video to help doctors visualize the intracellular signaling pathways of apoptosis.
- Leading a workshop on designing a phase III trial for a new oncology therapy.
- Flying to Shanghai, Rome, or Johannesburg to attend a scientific congress and report on any new data presented that might be relevant to a new therapeutic class.
- Brainstorming names and branding for a new clinical trial program.
- Designing a “mock FDA Advisory Committee Meeting” to work through the possible regulatory questions that a prelaunch compound may encounter.
- Creating an iPad/smartphone app for patients that helps them understand the mechanism of action of a new therapy they are taking.
Our clients include more than 20 companies across more than 48 brands. They range from some of the biggest multinational companies in the world (including 6 of the top 10 biopharmaceutical companies) to smaller companies focused on a single disease with a single product.
Our Therapeutic Areas
We work in some of the most scientifically challenging and rapidly evolving disease states, including cardiology, dermatology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, hematology, immunology, infectious disease, nephrology, neurology, oncology, ophthalmology, pulmonology, and rheumatology.
Our Medical and Scientific Affairs Department consists of 70+ full-time team members, including MDs, PhDs, PharmDs, and engineers. Our current staff is represented by a wide range of higher learning institutions, including (but not limited to) Albert Einstein, Carnegie Mellon, Columbia, Cornell, Duke, Harvard, Johns Hopkins, New York University, Northwestern, Memorial Sloan Kettering, Mt. Sinai, Princeton, Rockefeller, Rutgers, Stanford, Thomas Jefferson, UC Berkeley, UC San Francisco, University of Chicago, University of Maryland, University of Massachusetts, University of Pittsburgh, University of Pennsylvania, University of the Sciences (Philadelphia), and Yale.
We’re located in a large, light-filled duplex loft in SoHo that features breathtaking panoramic views of lower Manhattan. Our office was designed to reflect the creative energy and spirit of our neighborhood, and includes large murals of New York City infused with scientific detail, an employee lounge featuring a DJ booth, and a zebra named Zelda!
Our Commitment to Teaching and Development
We are an official student rotation site for six different pharmacy schools; teaching and mentoring is a part of the fabric of our business. Additionally, we have regular internal meetings to make sure we’re teaching each other, including lunch ‘n’ learns, “medical buddy” programs, and outside speakers.
We’ve also contracted to work with one of the nation’s top executive coaches (we share him with some of the top Fortune 500 CEOs) to provide ongoing group and one-on-one coaching.
We believe in the principle of “work hard/play hard.” We really enjoy spending time with each other, as well as exploring all that Manhattan has to offer. While we often do this informally by just grabbing a drink after work, we also have an official “Culture Club” that organizes activities for social activities every month (cooking contests, miniature golf, bowling, charity races, etc).
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for smart, talented, and driven individuals who are interested in applying their scientific training to drug development strategy and scientific knowledge exchange. We’re looking for individuals who would enjoy working on a range of projects, including traditional “left-brained” projects (complex scientific analysis) and traditional “right-brained” projects (creative, innovative communications). We’re currently recruiting for:
- Entry-level medical writers. An MD, PharmD, PhD, or MS degree in a relevant scientific discipline is required
- Experienced-level senior medical writers, associate medical directors, medical directors, and VPs. An MD, PharmD, PhD, or MS degree in a medical sciences related field. At least one year of experience in medical communications is required to be considered for one of these more senior positions. We also welcome candidates in a different career path (including education, consulting, finance, pharmaceuticals, research, etc) who are looking to switch to medical communications and feel that their experience is relevant
About BGB Group
About us BGB Group is a marketing communications organization that supports the promotional and educational objectives of pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device clients. Its two agencies subsidiaries, BGB New York and BIONYC, offer capabilities that span medical and marketing consulting, promotional advertising, medical education and digital execution.
Want to learn more about BGB Group? Visit BGB Group's website.
Animoto turns photos and video into professional video slideshows in minutes.