BGB is a healthcare communications agency that offers a wide range of services, including traditional pharmaceutical advertising, promotional medical education, payer marketing, and consulting services. Known for excellence and professionalism, we’re hired as strategic and creative partners by our biopharmaceutical clients to drive category/brand awareness and growth.
We have a flexible workforce, offering in-office (post pandemic), remote, and hybrid job opportunities. Our home base is in SoHo, New York City, where we have our large, light-filled duplex loft that features panoramic views of lower Manhattan.
The Art Supervisor is responsible for providing direct support to the Creative Director, particularly in the areas of creative presentation, client relations, and team creative oversight. The group art supervisor must possess superior visual conceptual skills and knowledge of pharmaceutical requirements/terminology and vendor requirements/capabilities. The depth of the position demands qualifications developed over a minimum of 7 years of related graphic and supervisory experience.
- Establish credibility with clients at all levels through advanced thinking via clear communication
- Helps establish and maintain the highest possible standards of reproduction for all digital, print, audio/visual and collateral materials produced by the agency
- Monitors the quality of finished mechanical/digital art and conceptual materials produced by internal and freelance artists
- Provides direction and guidance to department subordinates
- Informs and advises the Creative Director on the status of departmental affairs, including all design-related computer hardware/software needs (upgrades, equipment needs/problems, training, etc.)
- Encourages the professional development of department staff
- Ensures the efficient visual execution of creative concepts according to a prime account responsibility list or by management’s assignment
- Consults with the Creative Director, as well as account service, traffic and other agency team members as necessary to achieve agency objectives
- Observes agency consensus in the production of client presentation materials, either conceptual or finished art
- Examines and approves finished art and conceptual material, and supervises the alteration or correction of such material
- Maintains a current list of available freelance artists, web designers, art and photography stock houses, photographers and other contributory talent and vendors
- Recommends and directs freelance contributors
- Engages in any personal development necessary to stay current in advertising techniques and standards, and research activity required to become more familiar with clients’ businesses
- Meets established deadlines or provides reasonable notice to the Creative Director of special circumstances requiring deadline extension
- Liaises with the Creative Director in assigning necessary vendor overtime needed to meet any overload demand
- Consults with Creative Director and agency services manager regarding staffing needs
- Performs occasional additional duties as deemed appropriate by the Creative Director
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor of Fine Arts degree and a minimum of 7 years of related medical education, pharmaceutical advertising experience
- Fantastic presentation and communication skills
- Excellent supervisory and management skills
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent design skills, including a highly developed overall design aptitude as well as typography, color, photography, and art
- Excellent computer skills, especially as they apply to desktop design including advanced proficiency in the following Adobe applications: Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator; as well as an understanding of Flash, HTML, and Aftereffects. Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize workflow and redirect agency projects to meet competing and changing deadlines
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
About BGB Group
About us BGB Group is a marketing communications organization that supports the promotional and educational objectives of pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device clients. Its two agencies subsidiaries, BGB New York and BIONYC, offer capabilities that span medical and marketing consulting, promotional advertising, medical education and digital execution.
Want to learn more about BGB Group? Visit BGB Group's website.
WE PUT MORE POWER IN YOUR HANDS