Staff Software Engineer - Python/Digital Therapeutics
Big Health, Remote - US
Good mental health without pills or potions
What you'll do:
- Design, build and maintain clean, reusable components of our Digital Medicine platform
- Build for scalability, observability, and ease of maintenance
- Own and ensure the quality of your deliverables
- Participate in the documentation of technical designs
- Collaborate across teams to improve our engineering practices
- Mentor junior team members in best practices
What you bring:
- You have 8+ years of work experience designing, building, and operating backend systems in production
- You have contributed to multiple production systems
- You have experience building in cloud-based distributed systems
- You have some production experience in Python and relevant testing development practices
About our Engineering and overall Product Development team:
- We are organized in 6 cross functional teams aligned around Products/Problem Domains. Our teams are composed of talented people across key domains of: Clinical, Product Management, Engineering Management, Frontend and Backend Engineering, QE, Design and Creative.
- As an Engineer at Big Health, you have the choice of working on one of six distinct pods/problem domains: Sleepio (our insomnia product), Daylight (our anxiety product), Therapeutic Content Platform (the foundation for all therapeutic digital content), Enrollment (signing up users and their journey), Data, and Quality Assurance.
Our Tech Stack:
- React Native
- Serverless Framework
- Each step of our interview process is a two-way conversation. While we want to assess our candidates, we also know they are assessing us. Therefore, our recruiting team will check-in at each step, and if a candidate would like to speak with anyone on our team, from another Engineer or Product Designer on their potential future pod, to our leadership team to understand our business trajectory, to someone in HR to discuss their potential equity grant, we make sure to provide that space.
- We also are thoughtful about which pod would be the best fit for a candidate’s career goals and what kind of work excites them, so with each conversation, we explore that further.
- We have a 3-4 step interview process that includes a conversation with a Technical Recruiter, a conversation with the Hiring Manager, and a final remote panel interview that is typically 5 distinct sections that we can schedule all in one day or over multiple days depending on the candidate’s needs.
- We know that the most equitable process is one that shows what you can do, rather than what your credentials are, so there is typically a choice of a work project as well.
Life at Big Health:
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret].
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more.
- Competitive salary packages including stock options.
About Big Health
Our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health This is what drives us. It’s why we're creating automated behavioral programs scalable enough to help everyone in need - what we call "digital medicine”. It’s why we align our incentives with the interests of our users. It’s why we collect gold-standard clinical evidence and treat ethics as a duty, not a chore.
Want to learn more about Big Health? Visit Big Health's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos