Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today’s financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we’re here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in - commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals - starting from as little as €1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we’ve grown to a powerful and diverse team of 500+ people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we’re proud to be Austria’s first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As a Backend Developer working on our Broker platform, you will mainly develop features and contribute to the backend of Bitpanda. You will, with a strong sense of ownership, ensure the timely and efficient delivery of high-quality code, enhancing performance and designing and developing creative, compelling, and cutting-edge systems that support our operations.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop scalable, resilient, message-driven services using Java as a programming language
- Write clean and correct code with high test coverage and extensive testing
- Contribute to conversational development, disseminating information to the rest of the team
- Optimise systems to ensure reliability, performance, scalability and maintainability
- Guide and mentor other team members
What we’re looking for:
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development with Java 11+
- Knowledge of both relational and non-relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Experience creating and maintaining publicly available REST APIs
- Practical knowledge in using message-oriented middleware (Kafka)
- Know-how in using CI/CD
- Familiarity with AWS will be advantageous
What’s in it for you
- Top-notch “tech pack” (a.k.a.: the latest and greatest hardware) that you need to help Bitpanda move the needle, right from day one. The best part? You can choose between PC or Mac. And yes, noise-cancelling headphones are included!
- Individual stock option plan
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- A brand new, optimised-for-Hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna’s fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working.
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey to become Europe’s #1 investment platform.