Business Development Officer, West Territory
Bitwise Asset Management, Within Territory
The world’s first cryptocurrency index fund.
What You Will Do
- You’ll take ownership for the “West” territory: CA, AZ, NV, UT, ID, MT, WA, AK, OR, HI. Both managing existing relationships, closing existing opportunities, and building out the pipeline of new opportunities. You will own delivering success.
- You will be responsible for identifying and managing the best opportunities in the territory. The current focus has been RIAs but you will evaluate all opportunities within RIA, B/D and IBD to identify the best relationships for the territory and firm.
- You’ll deliver successful activity numbers to uncover and develop and close opportunities. These numbers will consist of email campaigns, phone calls, virtual meetings, presentations, and in-person meetings (when allowable).
- You’ll deliver industry best client segmentation and apply appropriate corresponding sales cycle to become the trusted partner on crypto to the best firms and opportunities in the territory. You’ll effectively leverage Bitwise research and personnel—including CIO, CEO, and analysts—to do so.
- You’ll communicate the Bitwise story and how our solutions can be used.
- You’ll develop highly productive relationships internally Bitiwse, including Investor Relations, Portfolio Management, the CIO, and Research teams.
- You’ll serve as a member of the broader sales team, communicate your goals and learnings and ideas from the West, and collaborate effectively to leverage others on the team.
- You’ll deliver on all administrative and compliance tasks in a thorough and timely manner.
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- You have 3+ years of experience in financial services sales roles, ideally in private and/or public funds.
- You’re knowledgeable about the investment management and ETF/mutual fund industries. You don’t need to be an expert on crypto, but are excited to jump in and become a knowledgeable resource.
- You’ve run a sales process before, and know how to do it well. You can speak to segmentation, prospecting, profiling, developing, and closing a pipeline of relationships. You’re able to establish a well thought out business plan for the territory that highlights goals, plan, and details for success.
- You have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, in-person or over video conferencing and phone.
- You're comfortable with software, and proficient with Excel/Google Sheets, CRMs (we use Salesforce), prospecting tools (e.g. Discovery Database), and PowerPoint/Keynote. You’re ok using a Mac and in general are not intimidated about learning new tools.
- You have exceptional time management, organizational, and self-motivation abilities. Your work ethic is a source of pride. You know how to prioritize and recognize when a relationship isn’t going to lead to opportunity.
- You care about relationships, forming long-term partnerships, and being “best-in-class.”
- You have willingness and enthusiasm to learn new topics and be flexible in a young, rapidly evolving company and space. You’re happy to get your hands dirty and be in an environment where certain tools and resources my not yet be in place.
- Your style is like ours: high energy, positive, caring, deliberate, self-aware, curious and open minded. You’re proactive in pursuing what you want, you take pride in your ability to communicate and connect with others, and you’re always looking to improve.
- You want to win, you want your teammates to win, and you want clients to win.
About Bitwise Asset Management
Founded in 2017, Bitwise Asset Management is a trusted partner to individuals, wealth managers, family offices, investment managers and institutions in navigating cryptocurrency. Bitwise develops funds, indexes, insight, and other services. The team behind Bitwise has backgrounds in technology, security, and finance. The firm’s origins are in technology and it prides itself in having a deep understanding of protocols, while seeking to build understanding and help the technical and non-technical alike participate. The firm is based in San Francisco, California.
Want to learn more about Bitwise Asset Management? Visit Bitwise Asset Management's website.
The best bed for better sleep