We are looking for an experienced backend developer to join our engineering team. This is an opportunity to join our growing development team and participate in all aspects of the development process from product inception to scaling in production.
If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications and improving existing ones, we would like to meet you. We work in an agile environment where input from every developer is welcomed and everyone’s voice is heard. The primary focus of this position will be writing APIs, building out microservices, collaboratively designing the architecture for our backend APIs working alongside backend engineers.
Ultimately, you should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable APIs to meet our company’s needs.
- Design, implement, and deliver services while collaborating with other teams
- Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for hotels, restaurants, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute.
- You will be a key part in accurately estimating the timing of software delivery.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Expert knowledge and proficiency in one or two languages - preferably (but not restricted to) PHP, Go, Python, Java, or Scala (5-7+ years)
- Experience architecting, designing and developing testable, fault tolerant, and performant software
- Experience creating RESTful services
- Strong understanding of modern unit testing and version control - SVN or Git preferred
- Strong fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity or experience developing highly-available, distributed systems
- Interested in working for a fast-paced tech and product oriented company
GOT THESE? EVEN BETTER:
- Experience working on microservices / container orchestration
- Experience running software in cloud-based services (Digitalocean, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- A personal github.com account
Bizly is on a mission to help companies maximize the ROI of their smaller meetings and events under 100 guests. Bizly enables entire teams to search great content on thousands of hospitality venues and use our innovative technology to book custom events in minutes, all while staying within corporate policies and oversight. We're venture-backed and growing quickly. We are on a path to transform the hospitality and meetings & events industry and we need your help!
- We have amazing people. You will work with some of the smartest, coolest, and most drive people in the industry, working together to solve every challenge. We work hard and have fun.
- We value personal development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We invest in your future. We cultivate long-term growth and provide employees reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of Manhattan. We’re also remote-friendly and use a variety of tools to enable great communication.
Great work deserves great perks!
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Access to Bizly spaces for creative events
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat, first-class team
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, and more
- Unlimited vacation policy
Bizly is a growing team working to build a platform on the power of human connection. We embrace and celebrate the diversity of our client and venue base and strive for the same in our employees. At Bizly, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
About Us In 2014, inspiration struck when a water pipe burst and flooded our founder's conference room. Attempting to book his meetings at nearby hotels and restaurants, he discovered the painful and manual process of finding, contracting, and purchasing event space. Today, Bizly is a collective of thousands of hotels and restaurants joined around the common mission of serving the modern workforce. We are VC-backed and headquartered in New York City.
Want to learn more about Bizly? Visit Bizly's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.