Design at Bizly
We take great design very seriously at Bizly. Design is one of our highest priorities and sets our enterprise suite of products apart. Our brand stands for trust and quality, and we strive to have that come through clearly in our design. Our team is looking for a strong UX/UI designer based in New York who is excited about creating beautiful, thoughtful interfaces while simultaneously weighing business objectives.
- Create workflows that are clean, engaging, functional and polished experiences.
- Lead strategic design thinking in all areas of our business, whether you are brainstorming on a new product, prototyping on the latest mockups, implementing user feedback, or designing marketing material.
- Test users to receive and proactively implement new information to existing products.
- Give and receive feedback. You can handle feedback on your ideas with grace, as well as defend your ideas with passion. All with the understanding of the greater common goal.
- Collaborate with team members, but also work independently.
- Maintain and enhance the product’s style, design guidelines, standards and best practices.
We're looking for:
- A strong communicator. You can proactively, comfortably and effectively discuss your opinions, articulate ideas and design challenges with members of a team. Design debate is an integral element of our culture.
- Passion. You’re committed to putting the work and time in where necessary to make a great product for our users.
- A design nerd. You have an eye for every pixel and detail.
- A beautiful portfolio. We’d like to see a variety of different creative challenges and an understanding of strong user experience, especially for Enterprise products.
- Two to four years of design experience. Startup experience is great. You should be comfortable working closely with engineers.
- SaaS or Enterprise product experience a major plus.
- Professional knowledge and ease of use with design programs: Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, Flinto (or prototyping apps). Knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS are a bonus.
Bizly is on a mission to help companies maximize the ROI of their smaller meetings and events. Bizly enables entire teams to search great content on thousands of hospitality venues and use our innovative technology to book custom events in minutes, all while staying within corporate policies and oversight. We're venture-backed and growing quickly. We are on a path to transform the hospitality and meetings & events industry and we need your help!
- We have amazing people. You will work with some of the smartest, coolest, and most driven people in the industry, working together to solve every challenge. We work hard and have fun.
- We value personal development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We invest in your future. We cultivate long-term growth and provide employees reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of Manhattan.
Great work deserves great perks!
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Access to Bizly spaces for creative events
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat, first-class team
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, and more
- Unlimited vacation policy
Bizly is a growing team working to build a platform on the power of human connection. We embrace and celebrate the diversity of our client and venue base and strive for the same in our employees. At Bizly, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
About Us In 2014, inspiration struck when a water pipe burst and flooded our founder's conference room. Attempting to book his meetings at nearby hotels and restaurants, he discovered the painful and manual process of finding, contracting, and purchasing event space. Today, Bizly is a collective of thousands of hotels and restaurants joined around the common mission of serving the modern workforce. We are VC-backed and headquartered in New York City.