Blink Health is a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible and affordable for everyone. We're scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform and supply chain allows us to offer everyone — whether they have insurance or not — amazingly inexpensive prices on over 15,000 medications. With the addition of telemedicine and home delivery for prescriptions, Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders and operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
- You are an engineer who, above all, is excited to build products that give our customers the best possible experience purchasing prescription medications. You have professional experience working on a team turning ideas into reliable, maintainable code.
- Software Engineers at Blink are responsible for building our world class products. Your job is to take ownership over one of our hardest problems, envision and refine strategic solutions, and drive execution like an entrepreneur.
- You will collaborate closely with a talented, cross-functional team designers, product managers, data scientists, marketers, and operators. Through these partnerships, you’ll grow our business, build our core platform, and - above all - make sure that our customers have access to the least expensive and highest satisfaction pharmacy experience on earth.
- At Blink, we determine the specific focus of engineering roles through the interview process. Key potential areas of ownership include: our telemedicine platform; our home delivery experience; our growth team; our core pharmacy platform; and new product line development. We’ll work with you to find the right fit.
How to achieve success/acumen:
All Blinkers are expected to operate with our value of “Good Giving” in mind. Our culture is infused with the dedication and enthusiasm of employees who continuously strive to make a difference. Here’s how you will do that in this role.
Good Execution - Do your best work
- Solve the healthcare problems of today - and tomorrow - by building scalable, extensible platforms
- Delight Blink customers through new front-end experience - with A\B testing to ensure we get it right
- Address production issues before our customers even know about them
- Hold a high technical bar by performing peer code and architecture reviews
- Own end to end delivery of software - through design, development, testing, instrumentation, and launch
Good Owner - Be the CEO of your role
- Help the team ship new products and features successfully with the right skills, mentorship and organizational resources to deliver amazing experiences for our patients
- Coach, mentor and develop engineers to reach individual goals while fostering cross-functional collaboration and product success
- Take responsibility for the long term success of product projects and people
Good Learning - Learn something new every day
- Demonstrate curiosity and an interest in learning new techniques and improving upon best practices to stay up-to-date with current and emerging trends
- Lead by example putting new ideas into action, failing fast and learning from each experience
Good Feedback - Consider the perspective of others
- Listen actively and respond effectively through a variety of channels
- Give and receive candid and constructive feedback
- Promote trust and encourage teamwork allow the product team to do their best work
- 5+ years in end-to-end delivery of production software within a software engineering role
- Experience working in cross-functional teams with engineers, product, design -potentially anyone at Blink. We're still a small company!
- Eye for detail in crafting maintainable, testable code (aka great software) - and helping others do so as well
- You view software engineering as a team sport - you build consensus and establish credibility - but also drive decisions when needed. You communicate effectively - curious, thoughtful, clear, and being data-driven, (usually) correct
- You are independent and curious - not only the 'how' but the 'why'
- Experience in Python, ReactJS, or even better, both (other languages a plus!)
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious and aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
About Blink Health
Blink Health is the new way for all Americans to save on their prescriptions. With our proprietary technology, everyone now has access to one, low negotiated price on over 15,000 medications. Simply pay online before you pick up at your pharmacy to save. No matter if you are insured, uninsured or something in between, we offer some of the lowest prices on over 15,000 medications. Think of it as the cure for high drug prices.
Want to learn more about Blink Health? Visit Blink Health's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.