Blink Health is a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible and affordable for everyone. We're scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform and supply chain allows us to offer everyone — whether they have insurance or not — amazingly inexpensive prices on over 15,000 medications. With the addition of telemedicine and home delivery for prescriptions, Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders and operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
The Vice President of Engineering will lead the strategy, design, and execution of some of the key services at Blink. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned, mature engineering leader who is experienced in building high performing teams and developing staff. She/he prioritizes well, communicates clearly, and understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with engineering teams. Candidates must have a proven record of building a culture centered on customer focus, efficient execution, high quality, rigorous testing, deep monitoring, and solid deployment practices.
The services built and owned by this candidate will have to operate at large scale and hence passion and discipline around operational excellence would be essential. And she/he must be comfortable with ambiguity and eager to embrace ownership and accountability. This candidate does not need to have the “correct” answer to everything, but rather should be able to drive the conversation toward a productive solution by including all the right stakeholders, weighing pros/cons, business needs, timelines, etc.
In addition to technical acumen and experience with highly available + scalable services, this role requires someone who has experience in structuring organizations and optimizing them for execution, as well as participating in recruiting and building teams. And have a strong penchant to “get things done” through smart work and flexibility, along with a willingness to lead from the front.
As an engineering leader at Blink Health you will be respected by colleagues for your technical contributions to the industry, your ability to inspire and attract key talent, your passion for customers and the impact of your work, and your ability to deliver large scale engineering solutions with quality. You will be responsible for leading engineering teams to build industry-defining services and products, leveraging modern cloud technology, and data technologies, setting long term technical vision, and creating a culture of quality and continuous improvement. You will be partnering with the senior leadership team, that includes the CEO and COO, to conceive and implement technology solutions to address business challenges in a practical way.
At Blink Health you will
- Provide technical leadership to build, develop and scale our platform that overhauls the healthcare space
- Identify business opportunities and define technical vision for your team and the company
- Become a domain expert on healthcare technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers
- Inspire, recruit, and mentor multiple teams of high performing engineers
- Develop a scalable engineering culture for top talent
What We Look For
- Proven track record of building top talent and high performance teams, directing multiple teams and engineering managers
- Experience managing large scale systems in rapid growth environments
- Experience with modern web frameworks (e.g. React/Redux), Django/Flask, public cloud platforms (e.g. AWS) and data pipelines
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, and CI/CD pipelines
- Leadership on multiple well-known products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release and maintenance
- Proven success in working with product, marketing, business, and operations divisions
- Examples of engineers for whom you’ve guided their technical and career progress
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, MS/PhD
- 15+ years of experience building and leading a growing engineering function
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
- Want to work in a highly collaborative environment: we believe a team can be stronger than its individual parts
- Experience with some of our tech stack: Python, AWS, MySQL, Redshift, Aurora, Linux, Docker, Ansible, and/or nginx. Craft tools to help other teams achieve their goals and improve performance.
- You have experience building polished, consumer-grade websites
- Can communicate effectively with other engineers, designers, product managers, and anyone else at Blink
- Are excited to both design scalable APIs and elegant front-end code
- Collaborative and Communicative - you love being part of a diverse team, building consensus, and establishing credibility. You are a Class-A communicator: curious, thoughtful, clear, and (mostly) correct.
- BA/BS degree from top institution; MS or CompSci degree.
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious and aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
About Blink Health
Blink Health is the new way for all Americans to save on their prescriptions. With our proprietary technology, everyone now has access to one, low negotiated price on over 15,000 medications. Simply pay online before you pick up at your pharmacy to save. No matter if you are insured, uninsured or something in between, we offer some of the lowest prices on over 15,000 medications. Think of it as the cure for high drug prices.
Want to learn more about Blink Health? Visit Blink Health's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.
Jobs You May Like
Class of 2023 Media Tech Associate (Information Technology Track)
NBCUniversal, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey