Hiro builds developer tools for Stacks, the network that enables apps and smart contracts on Bitcoin.
Hiro is a core entity within the Stacks Ecosystem. The Stacks ecosystem is a collection of independent entities, developers, and community members working to create a user-owned internet on Bitcoin, the most secure and proven blockchain in the world. Hiro empowers developers with the tools they need to innovate and build on Bitcoin, in ways previously not possible.
Hiro Systems PBC was founded in 2013 under the name Blockstack PBC and is headquartered in New York City with employees and contractors across the globe. Hiro is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and many more. More info here
Blockstack is looking for experienced full-stack engineers to help build our browser and developer tools for decentralized apps. This is a role for engineers who can collaborate with a team and work independently to architect and deliver feature upgrades and improvements on the platform. In this role you will build features such as multiplayer storage and other critical features for our developer community. This person must be comfortable working in diverse development ecosystems and a have worked independently in a rapidly scaling startup. OSS experience is preferred as we are an open source project.
What you'll do:
• Implement Blockstack feature upgrades, improvements, and architectural builds
• Collaborate with a team to ship major product builds
• Deliver on rapid implementation schedules to build web functionality that is fast, scalable, and upholds smart development goals and principles
What we're looking for:
• Demonstrable full stack experience (3+ years of professional experience)
• Proficient in at least one frontend framework like React, Angular, Vue etc
• Proficient in at least one backend environment like NodeJS or frameworks like Express or Ruby on Rails
• Good understanding and comfort with SQL(MySQL, Postgres etc) and No-SQL storage(Mongo, Redis etc) system
• Opinionated stance on an entire full-stack using on which you can build with confidence, high-quality and high-velocity
• Experience with building tests (unit, integration, end-to-end), Open source experience, cloud platforms like GCP, AWS etc.
• Experience with blockchains and dapp platforms
• Experience on remote teams
• Experience building 2+ web apps from scratch (and launching)
• Experience “leading the charge” on starting a new project and building it out SPAs.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Benefits & Perks:
• Company equity and Stacks(STX) tokens--STX is the native cryptocurrency of the Stacks network
• Remote workers can expense co-working spaces
• An annual $1,200 budget for learning and development stipend
• $1000 per year of charity donation matching to an organization of your choosing
• Daily lunch (even if you’re remote!)
• Flexible vacation policy
• Family-Friendly health benefits
• Free life and disability insurance
• Health and dependent care (FSA)
• Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• 401k with 3% match
• Your choice of technical setup and equipment
• Public Benefit Corporation on a mission to build a user-owned internet
• Remote first team with HQ in New York City
• $75M total raised. $23M from first ever SEC qualified token offering in the U.S.
• 8,000 + active developers and enthusiasts in the community
• 400+ apps launched on Stacks
• Work alongside leading PHD experts in computing
Hiro Systems PBC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Hiro is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full time U.S. based employees. Benefit information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.