Python Software Engineer
Bloomon, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
It's time for bloomon Always fresh, always different. And completely for you.
Your day-to-day at bloomon
- Work alongside other developers, product designers, product owners and our broader team of supply chain experts, brand creatives and flower designers to solve real problems for customers and colleagues.
- Own and innovate our core subscription platform and algorithms: order generation, delivery management, invoicing, forecasting, customer data and analytics. Support daily operations whilst discovering and capitalising on opportunities that increase reliability, performance, and real-life efficiency. Ship code daily.
- You love the satisfaction that comes with knowing real people are benefiting from something you’ve created.
- You are curious about business processes and interested in solving operational problems through technology.
- You enjoy brainstorming with your colleagues to find the best trade-offs between quality, speed, and scope.
- Among your technical colleagues, you are known for “leaving the campsite better than you found it” because you’re diligent about improving the codebase.
- You are excited by the idea of working on a huge variety of projects, including balancing the demands of supporting daily operations, steadily improving the product, and making step-changes to the technical platform.
- You value the shared working habits and processes that make for an effective team: writing good tests, giving and receiving code reviews, writing clear documentation, holding retrospectives, etc.
- You are motivated by the opportunity to help shape our technical platform and engineering culture as we grow.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related technical field
- At least 5 years’ experience in software development
Tech we use
- Python, PHP, MySQL
- React, Redux, Node.js, RxJS
- Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Spinnaker, CircleCI, Docker
- Mendix (part of our Supply Chain stack but not your day-to-day)
What we offer
- A high level of responsibility, autonomy, and level of impact from day one
- A competitive package and regular compensation reviews — we reward great work!
- Annual allowance for personal development
- Modern work culture: no-meeting Wednesdays, flexibility to work from home, etc.
- Happiness Days: an extra day off each quarter just for you.
- Daily buffet lunch, team events and parties on our roof terrace, gym discount, mobile allowance, amazing free flowers and more.
Bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat. We always use field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver to our customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform. Our e-commerce company launched in Amsterdam in 2014 and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed.