Blue Bottle Coffee, Multiple Locations
Coffee Roaster - Brewers, Subscriptions & Brewing Guides
- Ensure that the drinks, food and hospitality in your cafe consistently meet Blue Bottle’s high standards by educating, coaching and developing new and current team members
- Lead by example at all times to show your cafe how a highly skilled and hospitable barista approaches his/her work in preparing drinks and food, serving guests, and helping teammates
- Develop strong and successful working relationships with co-workers and promote a spirit of inclusivity and teamwork among all team members in your cafe
- Regularly taste coffee drinks made by baristas at your cafe as well as occasionally at other Blue Bottle locations to ensure consistently high quality that meet our standards
- Offer positive and/or constructive feedback to team members on the quality and consistency of drink preparation, food preparation, cleanliness, professionalism, and customer service
- Be knowledgeable on each rotation of coffee offerings (attributes, preparation) through cuppings and coordination with the Training, Quality Control, Production teams
- Be knowledgeable on each food offering (attributes, ingredients, preparation) through coordination with your Manager and details provided by Culinary’s informational sheets
- Release new coffee and food offerings in your cafe, working with the manager to decide when new offerings will be put on bar and then educate and inform your cafe team about them
- Organize and lead public, coffee-related events to reach out to new guests and engage existing guests to have a stronger connection to your cafe
- Partner closely with the Barista Training department to roll out new techniques and information to your cafe
- Someone who enthusiastically shares your knowledge and passion with others and thrives in helping groups of others learn especially when ‘geeking out’ on coffee and food
- A role model for others who is a shining example of our coffee and food quality and hospitality standards in how he/she approaches preparation and serving our guests
- A fantastic teacher who loves coaching others and is patient and adaptive in helping learners of different styles and backgrounds succeed
- A superb and direct communicator who imparts information to individuals or large groups effectively and delivers constructive feedback in a way that is effective and kind
- Professional and reliable - your manager, teammates in your cafe, and colleagues in other departments can always depend on you and get a timely response or assistance
- Excited to grow as a leader in your cafe and at Blue Bottle more broadly by learning and developing yourself in coffee, food, cafe operations, and people development and management
- 6+ months working in a specialty coffee retail environment
- Strong technical barista skills in all areas of drink preparation (i.e., brewing, espresso, milk)
- Familiarity with online collaboration and organization tools including Google Docs/apps
Our barista position is a dynamic one! Below we’ve mapped out the physical demands that are essential to the role:
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time. You’re on your feet the majority of the day, whether you are standing behind bar pulling shots or walking the cafe floor.
- Use of hands to reach, grip, turn and perform precision work. You’re using your hands to operate beautiful espresso machines, pour delicious pour overs, and operate the register (among other responsibilities).
- As needed squat, bend, twist and reach for items below waist level or above shoulders. For example, you may have to bend down or reach up to grab cups, lids and towels.
- Ability to lift, push/pull, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds. For example, you’ll be handling bags of coffee beans, coffee kegs, crates of milk, tub of dishes and trash bins.
- As needed climb ladders, stairs, ramps and uneven floor and/or surfaces. For example, climb on a step stool to change menu slacks, go up and down stairs and ramps to storage areas.
- Ability to smell and taste. You’re tasting and smelling coffee and food, helping ensure quality control for each cup and plate.
- Ability to listen and speak. You’re listening and speaking with our guests to guide and create experiences.
A few benefits we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for all full time employees and their dependents starting on their first day of work
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off and parental leave
- Free drinks at any of our cafes and a complimentary bag of beans to take home each week
- Discounts on Blue Bottle food, merchandise, and other items such as additional bags of beans
About Blue Bottle Coffee
Blue Bottle Coffee is a passionate team of hundreds around the world, united by the simple purpose of getting great coffee to everyone who asks for it whether that be in our cafes or at home. Blue Bottle is headquartered in Oakland, CA and have retail and business operations in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, New York, and Tokyo.
We roast on three coasts using vintage gear, put it in compostable bags, and get it to our customers within 48 hours. We are baristas, managers, roasters & production specialists, chefs, engineers, designers, analysts, technicians, and more. We craft delicious drinks, treat our guests with the utmost care and respect, bake cookies, clean up after ourselves, get change at the bank, and say please and thank you. We offer the less able our seats on the bus and brush and floss daily. And we want you to join our team, who we believe to be the most talented, kindest, and hardest-working in the business.
Want to learn more about Blue Bottle Coffee? Visit Blue Bottle Coffee's website.
Jobs You May Like
Stylist- Guide, Oklahoma City
Bonobos, Oklahoma City, OK
Instacart, Cincinnati, OH
Senior Product Designer
Blue Owl, San Francisco, CA
Customer Service Representative
Scalable Press, Indianapolis, IN
Regional Liaison Associate
Product Manager-Customer Support Tools
Fitbit, US - San Francisco