People Business Partner (HRBP)
Blue Bottle Coffee, Manhattan, NY
Coffee Roaster - Brewers, Subscriptions & Brewing Guides
- Provide strategic business partnership to leaders within your business and/or market with a clear focus on performance management, change management, leadership development, and conflict resolution
- Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback to our leaders and team members
- Support knowledge of market trends and partner with recruiting to implement hiring strategies that attract and retain top talent
- Contribute to the development of People programs and processes such as succession planning, learning and development, recognition programs, etc
- Evaluate and recommend best practices in the application of HR processes, systems and policies
- Facilitate learning and development programs for your business/market
- Be visible and present with your business leaders, teams, and cross-functional teams
- Partner, investigate and help resolve employee relations matters and investigations including workplace conflicts or allegations of policy and/or legal violations; work to ensure issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved
- Draft, review, and update Employee Relations and People related communications
- Protect and maintain confidences with discretion, judgment, and professionalism
- Maintain an awareness of People principles, practices and the related regulations by location
- Highly Ethical – Can be trusted to do only the “right thing” for the employees, stakeholders, and others. You follow a balanced approach without compromising integrity
- Intellectually aware – Able to combine reasoning, creativity and judgement. A Quick study; you are able to handle complex matters, while multiple initiatives are going on simultaneously. You deal effectively with strategic issues, as well as tactical operational elements
- A Value Driven Leader – Demonstrate alignment to Blue Bottle Coffee’s values. Committed to growing and developing internal talent. Will put needs of the business first. Operates in a transparent fashion without a personal agenda. Possesses a well-developed sense of humor; listens first before adding input.
- Results Oriented – Energetic, resourceful with a strong orientation to service with a can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and wants to deliver outstanding work. Enjoys working collaboratively in a hands-on manner
- A Change Agent – Able to challenge the status-quo with sensitivity also, constructively. Continually creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful. Comfortable in designing for the future, while managing the day to day HR matters. Able to anticipate risks and propose practical plans to diffuse them.
- 5+ years of progressive people/HR experience, with 2+ years in a HRBP role or equivalent
- Strong functional experience in talent management, people development, training, coaching, change management, employee engagement, and employee relations
- Proven success coaching, advising, and providing consultative support to leaders across multiple levels of an organization
- Can make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with Blue Bottle culture as well as standards, practices, and/or employment law
- Demonstrated experience managing complex and cross-functional initiatives, processes, or projects
- Has superb judgment and integrity, including excellent decision making skills and a bias to action
- Demonstrates personal leadership; with ability to lead and influence at all levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative work style; ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage through ambiguity and competing priorities
- Can-do, make it happen attitude and persistence in the face of adversity
- Open to giving and receiving feedback; curious with a growth mindset
- BA or BS degree preferred, or relevant experience
- The following is a list of the physical activity, requirements, and environmental factors related to this role. Blue Bottle is committed to partnering with all candidates and employees to ensure reasonable accommodations are made to meet the following
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word;
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and written documentation
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Occasionally walking, climbing stairs, and standing occur in this role.
- Environment: this role is protected within a building, but may be exposed to mild changes in temperature with heating or air conditioning.
- Travel: this role requires travel up to 25%. Additional walking, stooping, sitting, and mobility may be required. Exposure to outside environmental elements may be experienced due to travel through airports, airplanes, and in between facilities
A few benefits we offer:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for eligible employees starting on your first day
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Free drinks at any of our cafes and a complimentary bag of beans to take home each week
- Discounts on any Blue Bottle food items and merchandise
About Blue Bottle Coffee
Blue Bottle Coffee is a passionate team of hundreds around the world, united by the simple purpose of getting great coffee to everyone who asks for it whether that be in our cafes or at home. Blue Bottle is headquartered in Oakland, CA and have retail and business operations in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, New York, and Tokyo.
We roast on three coasts using vintage gear, put it in compostable bags, and get it to our customers within 48 hours. We are baristas, managers, roasters & production specialists, chefs, engineers, designers, analysts, technicians, and more. We craft delicious drinks, treat our guests with the utmost care and respect, bake cookies, clean up after ourselves, get change at the bank, and say please and thank you. We offer the less able our seats on the bus and brush and floss daily. And we want you to join our team, who we believe to be the most talented, kindest, and hardest-working in the business.