Guest Experience & Insights Sr. Manager
Blue Bottle Coffee, Oakland, CA
Coffee Roaster - Brewers, Subscriptions & Brewing Guides
- Develop the vision, strategy and execution tactics for our Guest Experience & Insights team while leading, mentoring and building the team.
- Develop, execute, and continuously improve all guest experience operational activities to ensure we are building for scale and the long term.
- Set growth and performance benchmarks for the Guest Experience & Insights team, establish analytics and dashboarding for key performance criteria, maintain key performance metric reports that track the efficacy of different variables and efforts.
- Proactively listen to and partner with our channels to identify guest experience business trends, build pilots to address, measure success and make recommendations.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses that uncovers fact-based insights and measures results of pilots and rollouts.
- Develop surveys, support material development for qualitative research, analyze, & deliver compelling findings and recommendations.
- Lean in on other ad hoc research such as design thinking workshops and rapid experimentation with our innovation partners.
- Armed with amazing leadership skills, with the ability to build, motivate and influence
- An exceptional team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams within the organization, as well as with our guests.
- Both detail-oriented and strategic; someone who “sweats the small stuff,” but also sees the big picture and can easily assess the state of progress for projects and how best to navigate towards effective solutions.
- Equipped with strong analytical skills with a robust understanding of data and how to use it in creative ways to drive and measure results.
- A clear written and verbal communicator, able to distill a lot of information and detail to help others quickly understand status and the most effective path forward.
- An organized “doer” with exceptional multitasking skills - someone who will take initiative to make things happen.
- A positive, scrappy ‘get the job done’/can-do-anything, creative problem-solver.
- Exhilarated by a high-paced, fast-changing, and sometimes unpredictable work environment.
- Never fully satisfied with the status quo and always looking for ways to improve things.
- The ability to establish credibility through vision, thought leadership, technical expertise and implementation.
- 3+ years of experience leading multi-tiered teams. Leading a guest experience team a plus.
- 3+ years professional experience in Guest Experience, Marketing Research, Consumer Insights, Strategy/Strategic Management consulting, and/or Analysis.
- Experience conducting a wide range of research methodologies including quantitative research and analyses (survey design, programming, analysis and reporting) as well as qualitative research (in-depth interviews, IDIs, Focus Groups, shop-alongs, intercepts).
- Proficiency in programming & analyzing surveys using online survey platforms; Panel management experience a plus.
- UX research, design thinking and experimentation experience a plus.
- Last but not least, a deep love for great coffee, food, and exceptional guest experiences.
- The following is a list of the physical activity, requirements, and environmental factors related to this role. Blue Bottle is committed to partnering with all candidates and employees to ensure reasonable accommodations are made to meet the following:
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word;
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and written documentation
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Occasionally walking, climbing stairs, and standing occur in this role.
- Environment: this role is protected within a building, but may be exposed to mild changes in temperature with heating or air conditioning.
A few benefits we offer
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for eligible employees starting on your first day
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Free drinks at any of our cafes and a complimentary bag of beans to take home each week
- Discounts on any Blue Bottle food items and merchandise
About Blue Bottle Coffee
Blue Bottle Coffee is a passionate team of hundreds around the world, united by the simple purpose of getting great coffee to everyone who asks for it whether that be in our cafes or at home. Blue Bottle is headquartered in Oakland, CA and have retail and business operations in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, New York, and Tokyo.
We roast on three coasts using vintage gear, put it in compostable bags, and get it to our customers within 48 hours. We are baristas, managers, roasters & production specialists, chefs, engineers, designers, analysts, technicians, and more. We craft delicious drinks, treat our guests with the utmost care and respect, bake cookies, clean up after ourselves, get change at the bank, and say please and thank you. We offer the less able our seats on the bus and brush and floss daily. And we want you to join our team, who we believe to be the most talented, kindest, and hardest-working in the business.