Digital Growth Manager
Blue Bottle Coffee, Oakland, CA and San Francisco Bay Area
Coffee Roaster - Brewers, Subscriptions & Brewing Guides
- Define & execute online strategy across paid ads, affiliate marketing, email, print media, and other channels to grow Blue Bottle online & customers cost-efficiently through subscription, mobile downloads and a la carte sales of coffee online
- Develop & execute SEO strategies to grow the share of organic traffic to Bluebottlecoffee.com. Collaborate with Content team to continuously optimize content for SEO
- Direct and manage digital acquisition marketing across all channels, generating performance that meets or exceeds revenue and ROI goals
- Manage our external marketing agency.Define, measure & report customer acquisition, retention & ROI paid media goals
- Build weekly dashboards and conduct ad-hoc analysis to monitor performance to measure efficacy of performance marketing.
- Conduct deepdive marketing performance analysis across multiple programs such as email, paid search, affiliates, direct mail, and other initiatives to optimize ROI of such campaigns
- Drive analysis and optimization across all marketing programs to track ROI and areas for new investments, including new and emerging channels as well as trending on media investments.
- Monitor and make recommendations to optimize performance and drive CAC, ROAS, and LTV efficiencies, in addition to creating and executing upon growth strategies to drive business goals on a daily basis
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and provide guidance to increase new customer growth, revenue and to optimize the overall onboarding and conversion experience on Mobile and the ecommerce site.
- Ensure all online efforts and messaging are consistent with the values, overall story, voice, and brand personality of Blue Bottle Coffee
- Collaborate effectively with other teams (technology and engineering, finance, coffee production and logistics, etc.)
- An experienced online marketer who knows the tricks of the trade and is inventing some new ones
- A strategic thinker who is also equally able and happy to roll up your sleeves and execute
- Analytical and data/metric-obsessed, always seeking internal and external data to validate your approach and optimize results further for the company and for your work
- Always looking for the latest innovation or approach to give you an edge against competitors
- Collaborative and able to build strong, trust-based relationships with your internal customers/partners
- Comfortable with ambiguity, rapidly changing environments, and building from scratch
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, able to prioritize while not letting anything drop
- Clear and effective communicator in both conversation and written word
- Serious about your work but don’t take yourself too seriously
- 5+ years direct to consumer paid marketing experience, managing exponentially rapid growth via acquisition and retention programs
- Expertise with a wide range of acquisition channels (SEO, social, email/CRM, referrals, search, DPA, paid media, etc.) and experience driving campaigns across each of them
- Strong understanding and prior experience leading Paid Marketing and customer acquisition strategy
- Demonstrated experience with platforms, technology and online marketing tools for managing and scaling paid marketing channels
- Ideal candidate has experience with subscription models as well as a la carte purchases
- Extensive experience with excel (you are a VLOOKUP wizard), powerpoint & other data analytical tools (tableau, SIGMA, etc.). Basic SQL or HTML knowledge a strong plus
- Experience with tools such as Ecomm platforms, Google Analytics, Segment, SIGMA, Amplitude, etc.
- An innate ability and desire to create strong relationships, influence others, and collaborate at all levels of the organization
- A profound love of coffee—while not required, it will make your role significantly more delicious!
- The following is a list of the physical activity, requirements, and environmental factors related to this role. Blue Bottle is committed to partnering with all candidates and employees to ensure reasonable accommodations are made to meet the following:
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word;
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and written documentation
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Occasionally walking, climbing stairs, and standing occur in this role.
- Environment: this role is protected within a building, but may be exposed to mild changes in temperature with heating or air conditioning.
A few benefits we offer:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for eligible employees starting on your first day
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Free drinks at any of our cafes
- Discounts on any Blue Bottle food items and merchandise
About Blue Bottle Coffee
Blue Bottle Coffee is a passionate team of hundreds around the world, united by the simple purpose of getting great coffee to everyone who asks for it whether that be in our cafes or at home. Blue Bottle is headquartered in Oakland, CA and have retail and business operations in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, New York, and Tokyo.
We roast on three coasts using vintage gear, put it in compostable bags, and get it to our customers within 48 hours. We are baristas, managers, roasters & production specialists, chefs, engineers, designers, analysts, technicians, and more. We craft delicious drinks, treat our guests with the utmost care and respect, bake cookies, clean up after ourselves, get change at the bank, and say please and thank you. We offer the less able our seats on the bus and brush and floss daily. And we want you to join our team, who we believe to be the most talented, kindest, and hardest-working in the business.
Want to learn more about Blue Bottle Coffee? Visit Blue Bottle Coffee's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.