Blue Bottle Coffee, Remote
Coffee Roaster - Brewers, Subscriptions & Brewing Guides
- Build amazing software to empower all of our Blue Bottle Coffee teams:
- Create and maintain data pipelines and integrations to support the analytics team and other data needs across the organization
- Develop mobile and eCommerce applications that delight our customers
- Enhance tooling for our cafe and production teams to optimize retail operations and roasting processes
- Brainstorm solutions for challenging problems that bridge business and technical concerns
- Mentor and collaborate with incredibly talented peers across a variety of disciplines
- Iterate on practice that helps define an extraordinary engineering team
- A simplifier - Take difficult, complex problems and solve for the layers that comprise them
- A great communicator - Takes pride in empathizing with a varied audience and finding ways to build understanding
- An enthusiastic, team-oriented leader. You have a service mentality and lead with patience and kindness.
- Data analytics platforms, pipelining, columnar and relational databases
- ReST and GraphQL services
- Machine learning
- 2+ years of software engineering experience in a fast-paced environment
- Technical acumen with demonstrable development skills
- A deep love for great coffee, food, and a passion for exceptional customer experiences
- The following is a list of the physical activity, requirements, and environmental factors related to this role. Blue Bottle is committed to partnering with all candidates and employees to ensure reasonable accommodations are made to meet the following:
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word;
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and written documentation
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Occasionally walking, climbing stairs, and standing occur in this role.
- Environment: this role is protected within a building, but may be exposed to mild changes in temperature with heating or air conditioning.
A few benefits we offer
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for eligible employees starting on your first day
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Free drinks at any of our cafes
- Discounts on any Blue Bottle food items and merchandise
About Blue Bottle Coffee
Blue Bottle Coffee is a passionate team of hundreds around the world, united by the simple purpose of getting great coffee to everyone who asks for it whether that be in our cafes or at home. Blue Bottle is headquartered in Oakland, CA and have retail and business operations in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, New York, and Tokyo.
We roast on three coasts using vintage gear, put it in compostable bags, and get it to our customers within 48 hours. We are baristas, managers, roasters & production specialists, chefs, engineers, designers, analysts, technicians, and more. We craft delicious drinks, treat our guests with the utmost care and respect, bake cookies, clean up after ourselves, get change at the bank, and say please and thank you. We offer the less able our seats on the bus and brush and floss daily. And we want you to join our team, who we believe to be the most talented, kindest, and hardest-working in the business.
Want to learn more about Blue Bottle Coffee? Visit Blue Bottle Coffee's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.