Production Team Lead - Brewery
Blue Bottle Coffee, Berkeley, CA
Coffee Roaster - Brewers, Subscriptions & Brewing Guides
- Ensure our daily brewery production activities are complete each day through direct communication with our production team members, and guiding our production progresses throughout the day.
- Train production team members on all production tasks using our approved training content, and on-the-job training. Cross-training all team members on packaging processes.
- Help lead a team of talented craftspeople and dedicated production team members. Your systemic improvements will ease your team’s workload and bring clarity to increasingly complex scenarios.
- Measure production performance to identify Key Performance Indicators and help devise a strategy towards continuous improvement.
- Oversee our processing equipment calibration and maintenance schedule, ensuring our equipment is always in top performance to meet our production output needs.
- Collaborate with production leadership to strategize and create plans that will prepare and support our team through seasons of increased production output and new product releases.
- Use our digital shipping programs, troubleshooting and innovating as needed to create and print labels both Domestic and International for our coffee and production needs.
- Maintain opening/closing checklists and logs, lead daily team huddles, and communicate and troubleshoot any production setbacks.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels of production supplies. Updating inventory low-level reorder points, and re-order quantities for production items as necessary.
- Collaborate with all members of the brewery team, professionally, respectfully and with integrity.
- Stock and organize received production materials within the facility, making them accessible for our production team members.
- Possess a thorough understanding of how to safely and responsibly use all brewery equipment.
- Maintain and clean our equipment diligently, ensuring it’s in top form for all of our needs.
- Engage with each step of the brewery production process with the intention of developing a thorough understanding of our coffee brewing, packaging and shipping procedures.
- Lead by example by performing production activities with high attention to detail.
- Sweep floors, clean machines and tables.
- Collaborate with all other members of the team, including your Production Leader, professionally, respectfully and with integrity.
- Work and support production shifts.
- Follow and support all Food Safety, Quality, and Good Manufacturing Practices rules and regulations.
- Excited to help improve work processes for you and your team
- A team player and thrive in environments where teamwork and collaboration are needed to successfully accomplish a task
- A great communicator, both with your team and with your leader
- Committed to building long lasting professional relationships
- A love and/or respect of delicious coffee
- +1 year production experience, preferably in coffee
- Basic computer skills including: Opening, saving and sending electronic files; experience using email; basic knowledge of Microsoft Word (or similar programs), Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Numbers), iWork (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)
- The ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- This role is a physical one and the physical demands outlined below are representative of those that must be met for a team member to be successful in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job which we’ve mapped out below.
- The ability to stand, walk, sit for long periods of time (at least 8 hours per day and 5 days per week)
- The use of hands to handle or feel and the ability to reach with hands and arm
- The ability to stoop, kneel, or crouch
- The ability to squat, bend, twist and reach for items below waist level or above shoulders
- The ability to lift, push/pull, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds
- The ability to listen and speak
- The ability to climb ladders, stairs, ramps and uneven floor and/or surfaces as needed
- The ability to have close visual acuity to perform repetitive visual checking, counting, spotting small defects, determine accuracy of numbers and package
A few benefits we offer:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for eligible employees starting on your first day
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Free drinks at any of our cafes
- Discounts on any Blue Bottle food items and merchandise
About Blue Bottle Coffee
Blue Bottle Coffee is a passionate team of hundreds around the world, united by the simple purpose of getting great coffee to everyone who asks for it whether that be in our cafes or at home. Blue Bottle is headquartered in Oakland, CA and have retail and business operations in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, New York, and Tokyo.
We roast on three coasts using vintage gear, put it in compostable bags, and get it to our customers within 48 hours. We are baristas, managers, roasters & production specialists, chefs, engineers, designers, analysts, technicians, and more. We craft delicious drinks, treat our guests with the utmost care and respect, bake cookies, clean up after ourselves, get change at the bank, and say please and thank you. We offer the less able our seats on the bus and brush and floss daily. And we want you to join our team, who we believe to be the most talented, kindest, and hardest-working in the business.
Want to learn more about Blue Bottle Coffee? Visit Blue Bottle Coffee's website.
See jobs at Bluecore