Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Blue Owl, San Francisco, CA
SAVING LIVES AND LIVELIHOODS.
- Responsible for test creation, testing a large module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area
- Develop scalable and robust test automation frameworks and scripts
- Design and develop integration, regression, and performance tests using industry standard tools
- Research new or better alternate automated testing tools
- Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking and design end to end test scenarios to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
- Lead software quality engineering discussions in a detailed manner and mentors other quality engineers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong programming and scripting skills
- 4-5 years of related practical experience
- Experience in integrating testing artifacts with CI/CD pipeline
- Qualified with one or more of the following:
- Expertise in Backend/API testing. Knowledge of GOLang, Linux, databases/SQL/Postgresql, shell scripting is preferred
- Proficient in Building automated scalable framework for mobile applications using Appium and Python for iOS and Android. Knowledge of XCode is a plus
- Strong experience in designing front end automated solutions and framework. Extensive knowledge in Python with POM based BDD Framework
- Expertise in P&C Claim domain and Guidewire as a QA. Able to see through scenarios for end to end Claim lifecycle.
- P&C Insurance domain knowledge
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Desire to automate everything and reduce the time required to manually test products
- Expert in breaking down problems and identify scenarios to provide end to end test coverage
- Able to work under minimal supervision and quick to adopt new technologies
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity.
- Salary: We pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience, talent and location. We do not offer equity.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness reimbursement, four weeks of PTO, six weeks of parental leave (12 weeks for parents who give birth), and great work-life balance. Our office building offers on-site shower and bike stalls, and panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Location: Due to COVID-19 our teams are all working remotely through July 5, 2021. We provide an in-home office set-up including laptop, monitor, ergonomic desk, chair and other items as needed. Post COVID-19: San Francisco, CA near Montgomery BART Station
About Blue Owl
WE ARE BLUE OWL. With a world class team of thinkers and doers, Blue Owl is poised to rethink and reengineer the insurance industry from the ground up. Smart on your side.
Want to learn more about Blue Owl? Visit Blue Owl's website.
The project management platform built for software development teams