We’re here to create a safer, happier and more mindful future for all with the help of data science, engineering, design, and mobile technology. We're starting by reinventing insurance, by rethinking the technologies that enable it, but our true goal is to build a platform that rewards people for driving well — creating safer roads with fewer accidents in the process.
Backed by impressive funding, we're poised to re-engineer a trillion-dollar category, and that’s just the beginning. We’re using rich customer insights, advanced technology and data science to build our cloud-native InsurTech solution, and other things we haven’t even dreamt up yet. We're out to change behavior and promote mindful living at a societal level. But the key to us being successful in our mission isn’t just about nailing the technology—it’s about hiring the talented people who can help us make a quantifiable impact in the world. We’re growing our world-class team, and that’s where you come in.
We're seeking someone to build and enhance the critical backend systems and services for web and mobile applications that are the core of our business. This includes the rewards system that will be used to increase driver safety, designing APIs, creating/managing databases, and automated test suites. You will carve out a role for yourself within an existing high-functioning and communicative team.
General tools you build will be open sourced and will ideally be consumed by the greater community.
- Some Go experience and a burning desire to build well in Go.
- Experience in building high performance client/server systems.
- Have an extraordinary grasp of high-level architecture.
- Prior experience designing and using relational databases.
- Expert-level programming knowledge in at least one language and experience with several others.
- Fun side projects to share and an active GitHub page or other portfolio of up-to-date open source contributions.
- Experience working closely with data scientists.
- Salary: ($250k - $350k) We invest in first-rate people and pay top-of-market salaries for most positions, factoring in experience and talent. We are unable to offer equity.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), wellness reimbursement, four weeks of vacation + six weeks of parental leave, and great work-life balance. Plus on-site shower and bike stalls, and panoramic views of San Francisco.
- Location near Montgomery BART station in the financial district.
- Location: San Francisco, CA
All are welcome at Blue Owl. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and looks for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Blue Owl
WE ARE BLUE OWL. With a world class team of thinkers and doers, Blue Owl is poised to rethink and reengineer the insurance industry from the ground up. Smart on your side.