Join the team behind the BSD Tools.
Blue State Digital is looking for a skilled Senior Engineer with experience working for an enterprise Software as a Service company.
As our ideal candidate for this position, you’re someone who is self-driven and equally motivated by the challenges of working in a mature codebase, leaving things better than they found them, and designing systems from the ground up — with a focus on distributed architectures and test automation.
You understand that the context in which technology and architecture decisions are made is just as important as the technologies themselves, and you embrace the constraints of the team and business when designing software.
This is a senior-level position, so you’re not only a skilled engineer whose heads-down in your work, but also someone who collaborates with your team and works directly with stakeholders.
In this role you will work with modern tools and architectural paradigms to deliver reliable, scalable services and applications at unprecedented speed. You'll engage directly with stakeholders, and our product engineering teams to build the tools, platforms, and services that power the next generation of software for mission-driven organizations.
- Building a living design component system used across all teams
- Creating modern user interfaces from the ground up
- Designing and building the data layer that powers the Application tier
- Providing mentorship for more junior members of the team
- Working with Tech Leads, Product Team members, and stakeholders to plan large technology projects and assess the risks associated with delivering high-value, high-risk products
You will be a part of Blue State Digital’s SaaS business, the BSD Tools, our community mobilization and fundraising platform that powers presidential campaigns, enterprise nonprofits, disaster response, and global brands. You’ll be joining a small, cross-functional team, strategically moving our roadmap forward, improving and iterating on a platform that helps hundreds of organizations create impactful digital programs.
Top things we’re looking for
- Mastery of modern web programming standards and best practices, including functional programming, distributed systems architecture, and living design systems.
- Passion for delivering and scaling highly-available business critical systems, and a strong understanding of the core tenets and practices of microservices architecture.
- Experience with a rigorous peer code review process on both sides, being the reviewer, and also taking constructive feedback.
- Experience with static code analysis tools and unit testing frameworks like Jest.
- Expertise in containerized systems, particularly with Docker, and knowledge of best practices for designing, building, and deploying containerized applications is a plus.
- Experience working in AWS, including familiarity with Amazon's managed services. Knowledge of infrastructure-as-code tools (e.g. CloudFormation) is also a plus.
Blue State Digital is a purpose-driven creative and tech agency. We transform how brands and causes engage their most important people. From Google to UNICEF, from Obama to MIT, from Tate Modern to Ford Motor Company, Blue State Digital helps grow communities, build platforms, and transform organizations for the digital age. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State Digital is a part of WPP Digital and has more than 200 employees in six offices around the world.
About Blue State Digital
We got our start on the campaign trail, pioneering the use of digital to open up the democratic process. But people don’t just vote on Election Day—they vote every day with their wallets, with their time, with their clicks and posts and tweets. By reimagining organizations’ relationships with their most important supporters and customers, we help our clients transform their businesses and scale their impact. For us, this isn’t just work. The campaigns we create, insights we unravel, the platforms we build—it’s all about real impact for real people. To bridge differences and inspire advocates. To redefine how business is done. To defend civil and human rights. To challenge ourselves and our partners to put people first.
Want to learn more about Blue State Digital? Visit Blue State Digital's website.
Jobs You May Like
Partner Manager for the Dutch Market
Partner Business Manager
Workfront, Remote, Germany
Market Intelligence Specialist (German Public Sector)
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Digital Performance Marketing Manager
Big Data Engineer - Chicago
Kogentix, Schaumburg, IL
Product Marketing, Director
Index Exchange, New York