As a Data Engineer at Blue State, you’ll play an integral role on a smart and vibrant analytics team servicing a wide range of progressive organizations. You’ll design, build, and manage the systems and processes which form the underpinning of Blue State’s analytics work, supporting and working alongside data analysts and campaign strategists. But you’ll also work directly with Blue State’s clients to help solve their data integrity and integration challenges, serving as a trusted advisor to your counterparts within client organizations.
- Create and support systems and processes for managing, compiling, manipulating, and analyzing data for client and internal projects
- Work with Blue State’s client organizations to solve difficult data migration, management, and integration challenges
- Build data pipelines, data warehouses, reporting dashboards, automated exports, and synchronization processes
- Automate workflows and look for further opportunities to improve efficiency in our work
- Always maintain a high level of data security and privacy
You will be a part of the global Web and Product Development team working primarily with our creative agency on client projects. You’ll work in either the NY or DC office.
Top things we’re looking for
- Good foundational understanding of statistical analysis
- Extensive experience working with SQL databases in an analytics or business intelligence context
- Familiarity with common marketing technology platforms like Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, email marketing tools, and other marketing automation tools
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools, processes, and best practices
- Strong Python experience:
- Python should be your go-to tool for solving problems. If the first thing you want to do when you have to do the same thing twice is write a Python script to automate it - we want you!
- Experience with task automation in a Python context - experience with AirFlow, Prefect, Dask a big plus
- Experience working with restful APIs - you can competently navigate unfamiliar API documentation and figure out how to accomplish tasks
- Designing data warehouse schemas for cross-channel marketing analytics
- Utilizing the suite of Google Cloud Platform tools for the purposes of extracting, processing, manipulating and analysing data
- Building and running automated tasks within the GCP environment - e.g. Cloud Compute, Cloud Functions, Cloud Run, Cloud Scheduler
- Comfortable managing GCP IAM policies across projects and teams
Blue State is the purpose-driven creative and tech agency for brands and causes looking to inspire people to take action. With clients including the AARP, Google, UNICEF, JDRF, and Colgate. Blue State cultivates communities, builds platforms, and transforms how organizations engage their most important people. Led by some of the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP and has more than 150 employees across five offices.
About Blue State Digital
We got our start on the campaign trail, pioneering the use of digital to open up the democratic process. But people don’t just vote on Election Day—they vote every day with their wallets, with their time, with their clicks and posts and tweets. By reimagining organizations’ relationships with their most important supporters and customers, we help our clients transform their businesses and scale their impact. For us, this isn’t just work. The campaigns we create, insights we unravel, the platforms we build—it’s all about real impact for real people. To bridge differences and inspire advocates. To redefine how business is done. To defend civil and human rights. To challenge ourselves and our partners to put people first.
Want to learn more about Blue State Digital? Visit Blue State Digital's website.
3 Active Jobs
Changing lives through the power of language and literacy education!