At Bluebeam, our purpose is clear: We empower people to advance the way the world is built, proactively innovating and creating long-term value for our industry.
In order to make the impact on our world that we desire to, we know that our people are what matters most. To fully embody our purpose requires building and developing an extraordinary team of people who are committed to the success of each of our customers and to their fellow employees.
We believe that teamwork is the ultimate long-term competitive advantage, and we hire those who can remain committed to companywide results that create value for our customers rather than working for their own desires for power or career advancement. This means that every employee needs to be willing to roll up their sleeves alongside their fellow employees, no matter the task, to ensure the company (not just a department or individual) accomplishes its goals.
We also believe all employees are to act as leaders, whether they proactively lead themselves through their daily activities, or lead a team.
We hire people who:
- Have integrity
- See challenges as opportunities
- Are committed to continual improvement
- Demonstrate trust and are willing to be vulnerable about mistakes and weaknesses
- Engage in positive, productive conflict and unfiltered debate of ideas
- Can fully commit to corporate decisions, even if they disagree with some of them
- Hold peers accountable in order to ensure we achieve our company goals on behalf of our customers
- Are laser-focused upon achievement of Bluebeam’s companywide results
In summary, Bluebeam employees are a team of people committed to winning together as we work to create real value for our customers. And we are committed to winning the right way – both ethically and as a team.
About the ROLE:
We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager to work with and between every department to take what is already an indispensable and well-loved AEC application supported by an increasingly powerful array of Bluebeam cloud services to the next level. You’ll also enjoy generous, continual end-user feedback, with regular opportunities to observe and collaborate directly with customers of all skill levels.
- You’re capable of succeeding in a variety of roles, but you know the Product Team is your best fit. You just have to be involved in creating/shaping products headed to market, because it’s what drives you.
- You place a high importance on positive team dynamics. You are skilled and comfortable at leading cross-functional teams and experienced at developing your own product team members.
- You’re a prioritization expert: from daily task management to product roadmap discussions, you can align any effort with a clear articulation of what is (and is not) most important.
- You can communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences, adjusting your approach as needed.
- You’re comfortable making, and living with, difficult business decisions.
- You see customer satisfaction not as an end goal, but as the first step towards a product that truly delights end users.
More about YOU:
- 5+ years of experience in software product development initiatives, preferably in a Product Manager, Product Owner, or Product Designer role.
- 2+ years of experience directly managing others.
- Demonstrable experience and aptitude for articulating product functional requirements to Engineers. User stories and/or functional specifications you’ve created will be requested as part of your interview experience.
- At least one shipped product to your name, preferably a product you led from concept to completion.
- Ability to communicate using wireframes, user stories, whiteboarding, or other similar methods
- A Bachelor’s degree; Computer Science / Engineering a plus.
- Ability to honestly assess and articulate your strengths and weaknesses, and what you do and don’t yet know.
- … And there is no escaping the basics: flexible, likeable, well-presented, excellent written/verbal skills, and able to work well with others and/or with ambiguity…
- Familiarity with contemporary Agile development methodologies is strongly preferred.
Bonus Points For:
- Professional experience in the Architecture, Construction or associated Engineering fields is always desirable, but is not essential to succeed in this role
- Experience in development initiatives for productivity software
Tell us about yourself.
Share your resume and a cover letter that explains why you believe you’d be a fit for Bluebeam and this position.
Impeccable writing skills are essential to all we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily. We love a cover letter that shows us your personality, but don’t stress if you’re not a comedian. Just be yourself. We’re mostly interested in learning who you are, what you love to do, and why you’d love to do it here with us. And if you send us the generic one you send everyone else, we’ll be bummed.
Learn even more about Bluebeam here: http://careers.bluebeam.com/
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
About Bluebeam, Inc.
About Bluebeam Bluebeam launched in 2002, and adoption of our software by the worldwide AEC community has grown steadily ever since 2003, when DMJHM+H (currently AECOM)—one of the world’s largest design and engineering firms—chose Bluebeam Pushbutton PDF as its PDF solution. Today, over 1 million people throughout the world use Revu. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms. Globally, we’re rapidly expanding our presence, with an office in Sweden and customers in 130 countries. In 2014, we joined Nemetschek, which allows us to connect with even more AEC professionals around the world.