Sr. Director of Customer Support / Professional Services
Bluebeam, Inc., Pasadena
See jobs at Bluebeam, Inc.
We are looking for a Sr. Director of Customer Support and Professional Services (known as Customer Success) located in our Pasadena headquarters to lead a growing team of technical support, professional services, and customer training professionals as they engage with Bluebeam’s most strategic customers across the globe. By leveraging Bluebeam products and engaging in meaningful interactions, this team works to understand customers’ businesses, provide creative solutions to their challenges and drive value in ways most pertinent to each customer.
Partnering with leaders in Direct Sales, Channel, Marketing, and Products, our Customer Success leader will design and execute programs and services aligned to our business strategy, ultimately resulting in incremental recurring revenue streams from new and differentiated experiences, programs, and service offerings that that lead to the health and happiness of Bluebeam’s customers and help them achieve their defined business goals.
Ultimately, the Customer Success leader and team will help customers find ever-more ROI from Bluebeam and play a critical role in the achievement of our revenue goals. They will also develop a systematic, high-value self-service model for small to mid-sized businesses so that we can directly empower our AEC customers to advance the way the world is built. And they will serve Bluebeam’s purpose by achieving our customer retention goals and increasing product adoption and usage within the AEC industry.
Our ideal candidate is…
- Able to develop and execute the concept of “customer success at scale” and turn it into a results-delivering service program using analytics, inspiring leadership, and business value delivered through 1:1 and 1: many support and service experiences
- Passionate and knowledgeable about customer experience and support, with a global mindset and empathy for customers of all sizes and the challenges their operational teams and administrators face.
- Comfortable working across the spectrum of C-level executives and VPs to set strategy, with leaders of peer teams to coordinate the customer experience and methodology, and with front-line contributors who might be early in their career.
- Self-motivated and a creative problem-solver, able to innovate in rapid cycles and test solutions to learn what works, then feed insights into a long-term strategy creating the foundation of Customer Success for the future.
- Dedicated to team development: helping team members at the onset of their careers to grow in depth and breadth of skill, cultivating their passion, and enabling them to take on increasingly important roles, both inside the team and across Bluebeam.
- Strategic-minded, compassionate, organized and committed. Additionally, he/she must understand and believe that a positive and value-driven customer experience is the common thread that differentiates Bluebeam from the crowd and is critical to forming long-term partnerships.
- Lead a team of Technical Support Specialists, Professional Services, and Customer Training staff to maximize our customer’s ROI from deploying Bluebeam solutions.
- Maximize adoption and usage across our strategic customer base ensuring Bluebeam becomes a trusted and proven partner. Achieve period-over-period improvement in customer retention and growth.
- Partner closely with sales and marketing to design new service and support offerings that drive incremental revenue streams and create a foundation of recurring revenue.
- Hire, train, and coach your team, such that they consistently set the highest standard for the experience they give our customers and are personally and professionally fulfilled by their work. Create and seek out professional development opportunities for the team.
- Push the boundaries and use your customer savvy, segmentation understanding, and industry background to develop innovative ways to identify, connect, and support customers who need our help to grow and thrive. Understanding how to message customers in a way they respond to is key, as is developing ways to serve many customers simultaneously.
- Partner with Bluebeam executive leadership to align and expand on global strategy, in a way that balances regional needs with organizational simplicity and consistency.
- Partner with teams outside of Customer Success to create and maintain customer messaging and content that delivers a simple and consistent curated customer experience.
- Manage to clear and metric-driven deliverables on a quarterly basis that showcases customer growth, trends, retention, and product/industry maturity.
- Plan and direct all aspects of our scaled success organization. Including but not limited to account strategies, escalations, objectives, and initiatives in alignment with the Bluebeam Customer Success organization and methodologies.
- Partner with Operations and IT to develop and drive operational changes to support the scalability of our Customer Success programs
- 7+ years of leadership experience in a large-scale customer support and professional services/training role
- Proven experience supporting and driving the adoption of both perpetual licensing and subscription/SaaS licensing models
- Demonstrated record of using customer segmentation and engagements to improve the customer experience in an innovative and repeatable way
- Effective at designing high-value engagements for various customer audiences that they find appealing and that enables them to improve their businesses.
- Proven expertise in examining and re-engineering service and support operations and designing and implementing new strategies and processes.
- Experience with online messaging and marketing that connects with audiences, either from direct marketing experience or equivalent customer-facing experience.
- Understanding of Bluebeam products and solutions and its value proposition to users and business alike.
- History of growing a team, with examples of coaching and training methods that result in more effective and happy team members.
- Deep empathy for customer needs, with an ability and process to stay current as the industry advances and technology adoption grows
- Enthusiastic approach and demonstrated aptitude with the use of technology to scale and improve customer support
- Comfortable with direct customer facing interaction at all levels of the organization
- Passionate about customer service and how it can positively transform businesses
- History of hiring experienced, articulate, and exceptional talent
- Able to prepare, present, and revise budgets and strategic operating plans
- Excellent instincts and proven ability to interface and communicate with C-level executives
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
- Willing and able to travel domestically/internationally (up to 25%)
- Excellent cross-continent communication, interpersonal skills, and eloquent writing skills
This position reports into Bluebeam’s Chief Revenue Officer and will be based in our Pasadena headquarters.
If you think you are a good match for the Bluebeam team, please send the following:
- Cover letter. Please let us know why Bluebeam and this role is of interest to you. (No generics, please! We'd like to get to know the real you!)
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
About Bluebeam, Inc.
About Bluebeam Bluebeam launched in 2002, and adoption of our software by the worldwide AEC community has grown steadily ever since 2003, when DMJHM+H (currently AECOM)—one of the world’s largest design and engineering firms—chose Bluebeam Pushbutton PDF as its PDF solution. Today, over 1 million people throughout the world use Revu. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms. Globally, we’re rapidly expanding our presence, with an office in Sweden and customers in 130 countries. In 2014, we joined Nemetschek, which allows us to connect with even more AEC professionals around the world.
Want to learn more about Bluebeam, Inc.? Visit Bluebeam, Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Applicant Support Team Manager
Checkr, San Francisco
Environment, Health, & Safety (EHS) Intern (Summer 2018)
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
Business Development Associate
Lalamove, Hong Kong
Optician (Part-Time), Woodward Ave.
Warby Parker, Detroit, MI
Operations Manager - Reno
LimeBike, Reno, NV
Customer Success Manager
Everwise, San Francisco