Product Portfolio Director
Bluebeam, Inc., Pasadena, CA | Dallas, TX | Chicago, IL | Remote
See jobs at Bluebeam, Inc.
At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected, and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
Bluebeam is part of the Nemetschek Group, based in Munich, Germany. With its innovative solutions, Nemetschek Group is the only company in the world that maps the entire workflow in the lifecycle of a building or infrastructure project – from the owner’s initial needs to the architect’s first sketches to construction to managing and operating the building. Nemetschek software is guiding architects, engineers of all stripes, building contractors, developers, general administrators, and building managers into the future of digitalization.
Nemetschek’s 15 brands worldwide are organized into three Divisions: Planning & Design, Build & Construct, and Operate & Maintain. The Build & Construct Division sets the strategic direction and builds the portfolio of solutions addressing the needs of construction contractors globally. The unique structure of the Nemetschek Group enables its subsidiaries to act entrepreneurially, drive innovation and work closely with its 6 million customers worldwide.
On behalf of Nemetschek’s Build & Construct Division, Bluebeam is hiring for the following role:
Title: Product Portfolio Director, Build & Construct Division, Nemetschek Group
- USA Office in Dallas TX, Chicago IL or Pasadena CA.
- USA Remote in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, or Washington
Reporting to: VP of Industry Strategy, Build & Construct Division, Nemetschek Group
What you’ll be doing:
- Discovering, documenting, & prioritizing the workflow needs of Nemetschek customers that participate in the construction process from inception to handover, and engaging with internal and external partners to provide solutions for those needs.
- Actively developing relationships with startups and partners to expand our M&A, Investment and Partnership pipelines globally
- Defining proposed go-to-market (GTM) strategies for expanding the footprint of existing and newly-acquired products globally.
- Providing insight to individual brands’ product management teams in terms of the customer’s need, the opportunity landscape, and detailed workflow needs as appropriate to the situation.
- Using strong written and oral communication and leadership skills to influence teams across our brands (existing and newly acquired). In this, you will work collaboratively with software product and engineering teams from various functions to successfully communicate needs, determine appropriate solutions, and form plans to deliver them under aggressive timelines, in a dynamically evolving technology environment.
- Collaborating with engineering and product teams across our brands on strategy and goals and own the creation of solution briefs or other documentation that can be used to agree upon solution plans. This will require working with teams to define and integrate software roadmaps that deliver highly complex software features and establishing the goals of product launches for our construction-related product offerings.
- Proactively driving alignment across a diverse set of stakeholder groups, ranging from the individual brands’ product teams, to industry leadership, to the corporate development and ventures teams, to subject matter experts in various departments.
- Partnering with Product Management, Engineering , Program Management and Corporate Development teams to develop a repeatable process for integration, including critical steps before and after an acquisition to ensure successful organic and inorganic integration processes
- Working closely with our subsidiaries’ C-level leaders and project teams to resolve issues, facilitate trade-off decisions, and escalating resource conflicts/gaps
- Identifying opportunities to improve processes and collaboratively institutionalize changes.
- Creating compelling deliverables that demonstrate thoughtful analysis and data interpretation via strong written and visual storytelling including insights into progress and opportunities.
What we’d like to see in YOU:
- 7-10+ years of experience in software product management and/or strategy development
- Bachelor’s Degree with in-depth studies in Computer Science, Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management, with MBA preferred
- Ability to challenge with respect to ensure clear communication and supportable commitments.
- Demonstrated capacity for influencing and making high-quality decisions and taking decisive action. Ability to work well under deadlines and juggle multiple priorities. Strong meeting management skills.
- Business Leadership Skills: Strong, influence-driven leadership skills. Able to identify, frame, and confront issues and make recommendations for resolution, even when the resources do not report to you.
- Strong business and financial acumen to facilitate strategic planning, business reviews, and opportunity assessments
- Development of and presentation of software roadmaps based on product and technical requirements and business needs.
- Experience leading cross-functional and cross-product teams implementing a roadmap from early stage of development through launch.
- Demonstrated background in agile product development, with special emphasis on the opportunity discovery – the ‘why’ behind the investment.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and to influence through data, insights, and storytelling
- Creative problem-solver with ability to work independently and to drive for results
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization and build strong relationships with team members, managers, and senior executives in multiple locations globally
If you think you are a good match for this role, please send us the following:
- Your Resume
- (Optional) Some sort of personalized introduction for us. This could be a cover letter, a few bullet points about yourself and why you would like to be considered for this role.
- Please feel free to add anything here that is specific to the job (portfolio, website, etc.)
What We Offer
- People-focused, entrepreneurial start-up culture with the backing of a stable, global, corporate entity - Nemetschek
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, education reimbursement, 401k, wellness resources)
- Work-life balance fostered through a culture of diversity, inclusion, and appreciation of individual lifestyle needs
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
About Bluebeam, Inc.
About Bluebeam Bluebeam launched in 2002, and adoption of our software by the worldwide AEC community has grown steadily ever since 2003, when DMJHM+H (currently AECOM)—one of the world’s largest design and engineering firms—chose Bluebeam Pushbutton PDF as its PDF solution. Today, over 1 million people throughout the world use Revu. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms. Globally, we’re rapidly expanding our presence, with an office in Sweden and customers in 130 countries. In 2014, we joined Nemetschek, which allows us to connect with even more AEC professionals around the world.
Want to learn more about Bluebeam, Inc.? Visit Bluebeam, Inc.'s website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.