Associate Scientist, Cellular Analytics
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approaches. The focus of this position is to develop and leverage analytical development expertise to support cell and gene therapy products. We seek candidates with a biology or chemistry background with excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to master complex tasks and operate complex scientific instrumentation. The candidate’s primary responsibility will be to contribute to assessment of cellular gene therapy products from an analytical development perspective. We seek candidates with a proven ability to successfully work independently and collaboratively across functions to achieve aggressive timelines, with the ultimate goal to deliver therapies that transform the lives of patients.
- Support the Cell Analytics team to conduct immunological phenotyping studies of CD34+ blood stem cells and CAR-T cells
- Use mass cytometry (CyTOF), flow cytometry and other immunological assays to characterize human primary cells
- Assist with operation and maintenance of our CyTOF instrument
- All aspects of mammalian cell culture, including media and buffer preparation, culture initiation, propagation, and cryopreservation of cells
- Transduction of cells with lentiviral vectors
- Assist in technical review of supporting documents including protocols, and reports.
- This is a hands-on lab-based position and requires the candidate to have a flexible schedule based on experimental and company needs (including possible weekend work)
- Performance of general laboratory tasks, including maintenance of equipment
- Maintain accurate and reliable record keeping including database management, batch records, notebooks, and all other pertinent documentation
- BS in cell biology, immunology or related discipline
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to operate complex instrumentation. Experience with flow cytometry and/or mass cytometry staining and data analysis, incl. standard flow cytometry analysis software, such as FlowJo, preferred
- Well versed in a variety of cell-based methods with a strong understanding of tissue culture, cell biology, immunoassays, and general laboratory techniques.
- Willingness to work with lentiviral vector and human biological samples
- Ability to take ownership of projects and results
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written skills; ability to provide focus and clarity; able to handle confidential information and material appropriately
- Working knowledge of various computer software, hardware, and standard office sufficient to record scientific data and results and prepare reports.
- Ability to work in a team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize and balance work from multiple individuals
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence and the incorporation of multiple points of view
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Jobs You May Like
Customer Service Expert- UK
Enjoy, West London, England
Director, HR Technology
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
StartEngine, Los Angeles, CA
SLS Print Production Specialist
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Professional Services Program Manager (Sydney)
Medallia, Sydney, Australia
Account Manager MENA
indaHash, Emirates, Dubai