Vice President, Corporate Development
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
Senior Director, Corporate Development
bluebird bio is looking for a highly talented and motivated candidate to become our Vice President of Corporate Development. In this role, you will be a key leader within the organization, leading the small team responsible for partnering with key Leadership Team members to develop and execute on corporate development opportunities, evaluate and articulate Corporate and Franchise-level strategies, lead the strategic planning process, create operate the Competitive Intelligence (CI) and Transaction Analytics functions, and drive key strategic initiatives critical to the business. Reporting to the SVP of Corporate Development and Strategy, you will utilize a combination of proven leadership experience, a deep scientific understanding, and sharp financial and business acumen. This is a great opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to make a difference during a time of rapid growth and exciting opportunity for the company.
About the Role:
- Leads the Corporate Development team, and is a key member of both Franchise leadership teams (in Oncology and Severe Genetic Diseases)
- In partnership with other key leaders, develops and drives strategy and strategic business planning at the corporate level, at the Franchise level, and for R&D.
- Works closely with business development and key leaders to identify assets that build upon the company’s growth strategy. Develops and executes corporate development opportunities.
- Develops and lead an annual corporate strategy process for the company working closely with Finance and Project Management functions.
- Creates (through direct reports) the competitive intelligence function at bluebird. Develops holistic CI overview to inform bluebird’s overall corporate strategy.
- Drives financial (modeling) and scientific analysis of proposed transactions and corporate development projects, plays an integral role in diligence teams
- Supports and drives various ad hoc high-profile strategic projects
You should enjoy pushing limits, creating solutions, and working within an intense, fast-paced, creative culture where our mission – to make hope a reality for patients and their families – is at the heart of all we do. You should also be inspired by the opportunity to create this function during a time of great growth within the company – as we expand our capabilities to reach commercial markets while at the same time continuing to innovate technologically to create the next generation of medicines for patients.
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience in biotech/pharma in corporate development/strategy, consulting, or investment banking roles.
- Advanced degree in life science plus an MBA or other Finance-related credentials required
- Direct scientific experience within gene therapy, severe genetic diseases, cancer, immunology, or a related field, is a plus
- Strong and demonstrated leadership ability, interacting with and through all levels – both through direct reporting relationships and through influence
- Solutions-oriented, strong analytical and presentation skills
- Highly motivated, talented individual with excellent learning agility, who is excited to tackle a diverse, multi-faceted set of projects
- Strong organizational, project and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently drive projects to completion
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence, cooperation, and the incorporation of multiple points of view
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and strong problem-solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to embrace change and multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager of Major Gifts
Indivisible, Washington, DC
Business Development Representative (Korean & English-Speaking)
Corporate Account Executive
DoorDash, San Jose, CA
Software Engineer- C#
Wombat Security Technologies, Pittsburgh
Sales Manager, AIQUA (South Korea)
Appier, Seoul, Korea