Associate Director, Strategy, Oncology Franchise
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
bluebird bio’s corporate development team is looking for a highly talented and motivated candidate for the role as Associate Director/Director of Strategy for the Oncology Franchise. Reporting to the Chief Business Officer and focused primarily on Oncology, you will be responsible for driving key strategic initiatives for the Franchise and will play a leading role in the scientific and financial diligence underpinning proposed transactions. In this role you will utilize a combination of stellar scientific credentials and a deep scientific understanding, with sharp financial analytics and modeling skills, and experience managing cross-functions stakeholders and projects. This is a great opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to get into the “engine room” of the corporate development team, to work across functions and verticals on high-profile projects where you will learn and develop a diverse skill set and enjoy a variety of experiences and relationships.
About the Role:
- Drives and leads high-profile strategic initiatives and projects across the company
- Participates in search and evaluation activities, proactively identifies and evaluates new opportunities
- Drives financial (modeling) and scientific analysis of proposed transactions, plays an integral role in diligence teams
- Supports business development activities “end-to-end”, including deal sourcing, evaluation, relationship management and negotiation activities
- Provides broad support for potential strategic transactions
- Leads development of key analytics to inform bluebird’s corporate strategy
- Manages relationships with external parties
- 2+ years of experience from working with pharma/biotech at a top-tier management consultancy or investment bank is required
- Advanced life science degree (PhD) from a top-tier program preferred
- Direct experience in Oncology strategy, corporate development and/or portfolio management preferred.
- Highly motivated, talented individual with excellent learning agility, who is excited to tackle a diverse, multi-faceted set of projects
- Direct scientific experience within gene therapy, cell therapy, cancer, immunology, or a related field, is a plus
- Solutions-oriented, strong analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent ability to frame an issue incorporating diverse considerations and perspectives
- Strong organizational, project and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently drive projects to completion
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Manager, Inventory Partnerships (Indonesia)
The Trade Desk, Jakarta
Senior Analyst, Insights
Medallia, San Mateo, CA, USA
Director, Business Development - Shanghai - 2019 (1)
The Trade Desk, Shanghai, China
Channel Manager - Amsterdam, North Holland - Netherlands
Management Trainee for Sales Director - Russia
Insider, Moscow, Russia
Country Manager - United States
Insider, New York, USA