Medical Science Liaison (MSL), Field Medical, Gene Therapy, California
Bluebird Bio, Los Angeles, California
integrated product platforms with broad therapeutic potential
Join our growing team!
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic, collaborative, and ever-expanding team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. Working within medical affairs, you will function as a medical/scientific connection between bluebird bio and key external stakeholders to further scientific exchange. Through the development of strong relationships and provision of insights, you will support the advancement and commercialization of our gene therapy treatments in hemoglobinopathies and adrenoleukodystrophy.
About the role:
- Establish, build and maintain collaborative relationships with disease management experts, investigators, institutions and other key external stakeholders by providing disease state education and communicating the clinical value of the bluebird bio therapeutic platform.
- Engage in peer-to-peer scientific exchange of complex clinical and scientific information with disease experts. Deliver scientifically credible and consistent value-based information to public and private payer segments.
- Provide clinical/scientific presentations to internal and external groups that are tailored to the specific audience.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with cross-functional bluebird partners. Work closely with other field-based employees and headquarters based staff to rapidly respond to questions from sites in the territory.
- Contribute to company success through the gathering of medical insights to inform company strategy and research/data generation initiatives.
- Be seen as a trusted medical/scientific partner that provides high quality scientific expertise to support appropriate use of bluebird’s treatments. Maintain clinical, scientific and technical expertise in our therapeutic areas.
- Represent bluebird bio and our therapeutic platform at relevant scientific congresses and meetings.
- Adhere to corporate compliance policies in all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information
- Travel expectations 50-70%
- Doctorate degree (PharmD, MD, DO, PhD) with a minimum of 5 years in pharmaceutical industry with at least 3 years’ experience as MSL. Experience in rare disease, and particularly in hematology, an asset.
- Product launch experience strongly desired.
- Individuals with expertise in developing economic models and dossiers for region-specific public and private payers as well as experience in delivery of evidence based economic value /formulary presentations, will be given particular consideration.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific and medical information to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are imperative; ability to anticipate and adapt to change; strong interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to work closely with partners, investigators, contractors, consultants, and team members across functions.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently yet engage in collaboratively within Field team to complete tasks in a timely fashion. Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to embrace change and multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
About Bluebird Bio
About us We are leading the gene therapy revolution. Our integrated product platforms encompass gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases. We have a lot of energy, and it’s not just the abundance of coffee that keeps us going. Find out what sparks our excitement and inspires us every day.
Want to learn more about Bluebird Bio? Visit Bluebird Bio's website.
Jobs You May Like
Developers Support (part-time)
Aptoide, Lisbon, Portugal
Manager, Shopper Learning
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Industry X - MES Analyst
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA
Senior Sustaining Automation Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Support Associate, Warsaw
Wolt, Warsaw, Poland
Exiger, New York, NY